[0.17] Electrical Energy Plugin | v1.5 (Oct 12)

Kreuzung

Ion engines...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ion engines...

• ...should stay infinite (only using energy)
    • ...should use a bit of normal fuel too
    • ...should use a bit of RCS fuel
    • ...should have their own fuel type
    • ... are for idiots (do not vote for this option!)

Edit 2 : Okay so it seems that there is a fine point of angle as to where the panels will decide to work. The panel can be covered in sunlight, But as long as the base of the panel isn\'t in sunlight then it registers as 0 efficiency. As soon as i align a spacecraft to be in the perfect position as to give sunlight onto the base of the panels it snaps up to 100%. Is this just something with the kosmos panels or is this something new you added in? I feel like it\'s not recognizing the shape of the unfolded panel and instead seems to use the amount of sunlight on the undeployed model to determine its power output.

If it is something to do with the kosmos panels I can live with it, But it just seems weird to me that it wouldn\'t take into account the shape of the unfolded panel,

You must set the following variable in cfg:

panelcenter - center of the deployed panel (for proper ship shadow detection).

Please see complete documentation about powersat mod here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9533.0

Maraz

Cheers for the update! Woohoo, they recharge, I also like how with two batteries they both drain (although it seems the one closest to the drain drains first which I guess is intuitive). Two tiny issues though - no more fancy 'energy' battery fuel thing in the staging list (just appears as a strut now) and somehow the panels now charge batteries almost instantly (I just nerfed this to the old MRZdynavolt 'power' value) I also nerfed the VB ion engine so it drains twice as fast as one panel (will probably nerf this more realistically when I\'ve done actual flight tests). Thanks again mate.

Cheers for the update! Woohoo, they recharge, I also like how with two batteries they both drain (although it seems the one closest to the drain drains first which I guess is intuitive). Two tiny issues though - no more fancy 'energy' battery fuel thing in the staging list (just appears as a strut now) and somehow the panels now charge batteries almost instantly (I just nerfed this to the old MRZdynavolt 'power' value) I also nerfed the VB ion engine so it drains twice as fast as one panel (will probably nerf this more realistically when I\'ve done actual flight tests). Thanks again mate.

I agree that balancing failed, and that I accidentally made the DynaVolt 5000% more efficient ;P

I\'ll just fix that, dropbox is good for fast updates. Fixed before finishing post, wow.

The energy bar will probably come back... and better than before ;P ;P ;P

the module ModuleKrPowertechSupport works just fine, I was just confused as all hell about the panel center line.

I borrowed the shadow detection from Zoxygene (the power-generating panels started from an attempt to combine Zoxygene and PowerTech panel features), there it was just raycasting from the origin of the model (the original ZO2 panel just had the point in the middle of the panel, not at the attach point). When remaking the panel type hierarchy for 0.15 I occasionally found the issue and added this fix. But it\'s still very easy to lose some of the necessary parameters... The plugin is just a bit too complex in some aspects.

Errr. the link to the MuMechLib page is fucked. I get a wierd page like I would get trying to convert a program into the wrong visual format.

Or in otherwords, something like this:

MZÂ???????ÿÿ??¸???????@???????????????????????????????????€???º?´ Ã!¸LÃ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$???????PE??L?20ÑO????????à?!??ž????????? ??? ???À???@?? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??O????À?Å“???????????????????à???????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????d ??H???????????.text???Øœ?? ???ž???????????????? ??`.rsrc???Å“???À????? ?????????????@[email protected]??????à?????¤?????????????@??B????????????????ÿ% @???????????@ ??????Z ??????????N ?? ????????????????????????_CorDllMain?mscoree.dll?@ ????????H?????P?ˆ­????????L????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????(??

*0?Â?????#????????

{??

o??

8c???(??

o??

@O???u??9*???#??????ð?Yt??{??

lZt??{??

lZXX

u??9???t??{??

lX

( ??

:‘ÿÿÿ�??Œ??o

??

Ü*???A????????y???�?????????0 ?L?????#????????

{??

o??

8???(??

{??

lX

( ??

:âÿÿÿ�??Œ??o

??

Ü*A????????(???>??????????>(??(??[*J'????(??

o

??

*?0?o?????o??

Errr. the link to the MuMechLib page is fucked. I get a wierd page like I would get trying to convert a program into the wrong visual format.

Or in otherwords, something like this:

MZÂ???????ÿÿ??¸???????@???????????????????????????????????€???º?´ Ã!¸LÃ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$???????PE??L?20ÑO????????à?!??ž????????? ??? ???À???@?? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??O????À?Å“???????????????????à???????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????d ??H???????????.text???Øœ?? ???ž???????????????? ??`.rsrc???Å“???À????? ?????????????@[email protected]??????à?????¤?????????????@??B????????????????ÿ% @???????????@ ??????Z ??????????N ?? ????????????????????????_CorDllMain?mscoree.dll?@ ????????H?????P?ˆ­????????L????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????(??

*0?Â?????#????????

{??

o??

8c???(??

o??

@O???u??9*???#??????ð?Yt??{??

lZt??{??

lZXX

u??9???t??{??

lX

( ??

:‘ÿÿÿ�??Œ??o

??

Ü*???A????????y???�?????????0 ?L?????#????????

{??

o??

8???(??

{??

lX

( ??

:âÿÿÿ�??Œ??o

??

Ü*A????????(???>??????????>(??(??[*J'????(??

o

??

*?0?o?????o??

Hmm, idk. try the fixed camera download link.

http://i.imgur.com/e7Qep.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LkD4Z.jpg

Looks like I have an intense case of the 'nope's (I have copied the configuration over and modified the amount of energy stored in the battery) for staging order based battery discharge. Additionally depending on module type what those batteries are configured as ('Part' vs 'Strut' vs 'Battery') they will either stay dead when discharged (Former two) or only charge up to 100 on a single battery (Latter case.)

Any idea what could be causing this on the updated version? It would be helpful if I could actually get them to discharge in order here (Not shown: This design is supposed to deorbit the lower stage while the upper stage can use smaller ion boosters to maneuver around.) since I\'m basically stuck with a dead smaller upper battery.

Do not use Battery, it\'s old and will be removed soon, left it in for compatibility issues.

I know that the battery drain is weird, but I never ran into problems with it since the solar panels always recharge the first battery. Maybe I should rewrite the drain logic too...

If you want to change the order, you can do it RCS-style by removing the upper stage battery, then re-adding it.

The solar panels do not recharge the first battery (It is indeed ordered at the top and has been deleted and readded before) when it is fully discharged. Even if I discard the lower stage with the massive battery, it will not recharge the top battery with the solar panels deployed (They are shown to generate power.)

Any ideas? I should mention that the topside of that is placed upside down (So the order is, with right as topside: Capsule, Fairing-Decoupler, Decoupler, Decoupler, Battery, RCS tank, Decoupler, Decoupler...)

I have tried it as 'Part' and it still does not recharge. As far as I can tell, I did a configuration copy so it should functionally be the same as the new values.

AFTER TWO MONTHS I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK ;D . . . mostly ::)

It still doesn\'t show how much energy there is in the actual battery and the batteries just show up as question marks.

i\'ll try and get a screenshot if nessecary

Right-click then save it.

In the .cfg of your solar panel, is there a part module at the end?

{
name = ModuleKRSolarPanel
energyGain = 2
}
MODULE

If not, your config is outdated. If you use the panel from DSM, the config is somewhere in it\'s thread on the last 3 pages.

Figured it out, I had to convert all the solar panel types (D\'oh, that was all me for not looking closer). Batteries work fine now but it still seems to like to drain from the top one that is placed before the lower one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.