Saves Dissapeared???

Soooo, ALL of my saves disappeared for no reason whatsoever. I'm really mad b/c I had an amazing space station I put many hours into. I have no idea what happened. I did have mods, but none on the space station and all were compatible with .90! Thanks in advance!;.;

- - - Updated - - -

Also, If this is in the wrong place, please notify me.

With this much diagnostic detail I think I can confidently say:

1) Fairies sneaked in and stole them while you were asleep.

2) Pics or it didn't happen.

Installs? Games within an install? Quicksaves within a game within an install?

NMI.

Are the save files and folders actually there?

Edit: Copy pasted your imgur links and wow like the saves are quite literally gone. Can you start a new game? I had a bug I created where I edited a save file and then my game wouldn't show any saves in game but the files were still there, removed the save folder I had edited and everything came back. Never heard of or seen anything like this

Edited by Akira_R

If you're using the Steam install, you'll likely find your saves in a hidden folder in C:\username\application data\Kerbal Space Program\ or similar, though they should be accessible from within the game.

If they are gone you may be able to recover them with an undelete program, but as it's been some time your chances are slim.

As to why your saves were deleted to begin with I have no idea, Steam should leave savegames alone when games are uninstalled or updated, though if they were incompatible with an update of KSP you would have been notified and given the option to delete them or leave them, but you'd still not be able to load them.

Well, the thing is my whole steam is installed in the "myname" folder. Idk why though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try what Akira_R told me. I will update you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Still doesn't work. BUT when I was doing that I found a crash file. This was around the time I stopped playing it for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tell me if you need it.

If they aren't in "C:\Users\yourusername\Application Data\Squad\Kerbal Space Program" then they are likely gone for good, and there's no way to get them back without a file recovery program, see here for Microsofts info on file recovery.

Likely they are still there and Steam is not using them because you reinstalled, and you should be able to copy them to the KSP folder :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.