[Stock] Mun Lander with plenty of fuel - Luna II (v14.4)

This is my first and most successful Mun lander so far. I am still fairly new to KSP so this may not be the most efficient design but it is very easy to fly and has plenty of fuel for the trip to the Mun and back with extra left over. If maneuvered correctly it will also leave no debris in orbit. It has two initial solid booster stages to help get out of the first level of the atmosphere while saving some fuel. The next stage will separate after you begin to roll to build orbital velocity and will fall back to Kerbin. This stage will bring you to the Mun and help you eliminate some speed (this stage will disengage the middle portion of the rocket so you must be careful while separating from the jettisoned exterior fuel tanks to avoid collision). The next stage will help you with your descent to the surface. Finally you will be left with only the lander and plenty of fuel to make an easy landing and return to Kerbin.

Please feel free to make any suggestions to help the design, I know it isn\'t perfect but so far it is my easiest lander.

Thanks...enjoy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.