Buildings have fully upgraded models, but tier 1 features.

I started a new Career mode game. In the space center all of the buildings have the models of them being fully upgraded and right clicking on the building states that they are fully upgraded (no option to upgrade). The features are that of the tier one buildings though. I can only accept 2 contracts at a time, launch <18 ton rockets, and play as if I had tier 1 buildings. It's literally impossible to upgrade the buildings beyond their lowest levels. Creating a new career save does not help, and re-downloading the KSP client did not help either. Help, the game is unplayable like this.

V5ISfv2.jpg

GdZeW3F.jpg

Edited by Duban

I am going to take a wild guess that you are running 64-bit version of KSP. If so, this is a known issue and there is currently no work around within 64-bit KSP. If you want to do career mode, you'll have to use the 32-bit version.

Cheers,

~Claw

This is a known issue with the 64-bit client; the 32-bit version of the game does not have this issue.

You can manually edit the save file to have the buildings properly upgraded to match the visuals, but otherwise using the 32-bit version of the game is the only way around it.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Claw, get back to your castle on the clouds. This is my job, mmkay? :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.