What do you think of limit theory?

daniel l.

The dev has not posted an update in his dev forums for 3 months. His last couple of posts were nonsense. He is no longer accepting donations.

This is a dead project, it just hasn't stopped breathing.

The dev has not posted an update in his dev forums for 3 months. His last couple of posts were nonsense. He is no longer accepting donations.

This is a dead project, it just hasn't stopped breathing.

I believe he releases dev updates usually every 3 months,

- - - Updated - - -

Woooah! This is Space Engine...but with a game in it! Thank you so much for sharing this, I just downloaded the prototype and I'm going to give it a go but there's no download. :(

I believe the prototype was only available a while ago now its just a patch for those who got it.

I believe he releases dev updates usually every 3 months,

From Dec 23 2012 to January 4 2015 he posted in his development forums weekly. He updated a blog regularly. He tweeted regularly. Then he quit posting. And he quit taking donations. Zero communication in months.

I see nothing that gives me any indication that JoshParnell is active at all any more. Just a few random posts by people who are not Josh Parnell about needing to spread the word about this game concept.

On the other hand a guy like Tarn Adams is an active developer. His development blog includes not just what he has done, but what he has not done. He regularly posts about the state of DF and how it fits into his overall vision.

Just saying. 3 years into development and he is excited about a new to do list program that he wrote. Then nothing. That doesn't jive. Isn't it usually the other way around? You get excited about your dev tools, you work on your product with little communication, then as you near the end of the dev cycle you start communication?

Edited by xcorps

From Dec 23 2012 to January 4 2015 he posted in his development forums weekly. He updated a blog regularly. He tweeted regularly. Then he quit posting. And he quit taking donations. Zero communication in months.

I see nothing that gives me any indication that JoshParnell is active at all any more. Just a few random posts by people who are not Josh Parnell about needing to spread the word about this game concept.

On the other hand a guy like Tarn Adams is an active developer. His development blog includes not just what he has done, but what he has not done. He regularly posts about the state of DF and how it fits into his overall vision.

Just saying. 3 years into development and he is excited about a new to do list program that he wrote. That doesn't jive.

it is possible that developers go silent when they are making something really cool.

I've heard of this. As with many space simulators currently in development, it'll be cool if and when it actually comes out, but until then I'm not going to hold my breath.

And it's not quite SpaceEngine. Vast, sure, procedurally generated, sure. But not THAT vast (as far as I can tell), plus a lot of the background graphics suggest it's not going to be as realistic-looking as Space Engine. Maybe they'll change it though, who knows.

I'm still eagerly awaiting a space game like this but with more realistic spaceships. Everything from this to Star Citizen has old-fashioned sci-fi ships that are shaped like planes or boats and have parallel decks. I have yet to see any compelling games featuring something like radial symmetry for instance.

'Xcept KSP of course ;P

Looks cool. Will definitely be buying as long as it offers a nice balance of PvE (missions, exploration etc.) and PvP (combat, trading etc.) content.

E: Apparently it's unlikely that it'll have multiplayer, so PvP in this case means Player vs AI.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.