Saved Ships

Alright, I loaded the game last night, and went to load the satellite I had made the night before to prep for a launch window, and I hit load, and nothing happened. No window showed up. I figured maybe my saved ships had somehow gotten corrupted, and it was no big deal, I remade the probe, launched, matched orbit, did a test-in-flight contract, then selected another satellite contract. I made a new satellite and fought with perspective again, trying to line up KSC with an orbit line in the shadow of the planet and 14,000 km out, and used the rest of my time up. I launched the game again, and again hit load, and.....nothing happened. I checked the space plane hangar and load still lets me load aircraft.

What has happened, and how do I fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

addendum. My VAB folder contents.

wrMMlZs.png

Edited by Starchaser

Just a couple of obvious questions:

- Are you attempting to load the craft in your "Goddard" save or another save?

- Does the list of craft show up correctly before trying to load one?

- Does your log file show any errors? (You can find it in KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP_Data/output_log.txt)

- Are you going to fix the typo in the name of your F drive?

Just a couple of obvious questions:

- Are you attempting to load the craft in your "Goddard" save or another save?

- Does the list of craft show up correctly before trying to load one?

- Does your log file show any errors? (You can find it in KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP_Data/output_log.txt)

- Are you going to fix the typo in the name of your F drive?

Goddard, yes. I'm not playing in 2 of my other saves (I restarted careers) and my 3rd is for practice,

It doesn't show any list.

no errors.

Probably not. It's attained feature status now. (a bug with seniority.)

Wacky. I'd try a couple of things to troubleshoot if it were me:

--copy/paste a VAB craft to the SPH and see if it loads

--start a new save, paste the VAB craft into there, see what happens

--look in persistent.sfs, search for text 'VAB' and confirm that the file doesn't think it's destroyed or you can't enter it etc.

If all else fails, and other saves don't seem to be corrupted like this, you could try copying/pasting the Goddard save into a clean folder by hand including using a text editor to make a (hopefully) clean copy of persistent.sfs.

I honestly have no idea if any of this would work, but those are the steps I'd take to troubleshoot. Wait, on secomd thought...nope, got nothing :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.