Hi fellow Kerbonauts !

Warzouz

I'm Warzouz Kerman and playing with KSP since beta 0.9. This is a very cool game which consumes a lot of my time and my thoughts even I don't play it.

I have been a Minecraft player for a few years and I've administered a mid-sized server. But now, the hype on Minecraft has passed away... Time to go to new fields of exploration !

I came to KSP by watching Scott Manley videos, through Elite Dangerous playlist.

Well time to blast some kerbals !

I've been to the Mun twice, to Minus three times and managed to send a double mission to Duna and Ike. I'm waiting for my Sun Explorer to come back and while waiting for an Eve window, I decided to plan some sort of Jool-5 challenge of my own.

I'm planning to build a big refueling station around Laythe (because it's nicer...) bring some orange tanks along, a station tug, and a passenger return vehicle. I plan to have 5 landers (all are SSTO) to be capable multiple missions.

The full mission will fire 12 rockets which shall go by their own to the orbit of Laythe and be assemble there.

But I'm quite bothered with my Tylo lander...

So I want to build a SSTO capable of gathering basic science. Trucked from the space station by a dedicated tug, it will have fall (let's hope for a controlled fall...) from orbit and get back to be trucked again by the tug to Laythe station for refueling and debriefing...

My basic design is a 15T, 6000 d-v ship with 2 LV-N engines. I used 4 LT-2 landing struts because I failed to master the cubic struts trick. I added a material bay and a goo canister. The Tylo-TWR is 1.02 up to 2.17.

Do you think this strategy is viable ?

Thx for the help