Can't launch the game

I recently reformatted my computer, and I haven't been able to play KSP since.

I click "Play" on steam, and I end up getting an error that says:

The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2015-04-02_162840" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

I don't know how to send the file to the developer, it gives no instructions. The only thing I can find while looking through the folder is crash.dmp, error, output_log, report files.

I open up the report file and I see

[unityCrashHandler]

AppName=Unity Player

Info=Unity 4.5.5f1_7684ad0c5a44

FilesPath=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\2015-04-02_162840\

File01=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\2015-04-02_162840\error.log|Error log

Time=2015-04-02_162842

File02=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\2015-04-02_162840\crash.dmp|Error dump

File03=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\output_log.txt|Output log file

I have uninstalled/re-installed KSP, and unity player, but I still have the problem. If anyone might know a fix, that would be of great help.

Edited by Claw

Hello,

If it is possible, please also post/provide a link to your output_log as well as the error log (which will both be found in the folder that the game generates, although it seems that you have already found this). This will provide us with more information pertaining to the problems that you are running into.

Got it updated, now KSP works.

Awesome! And a double thanks for posting what you did to fix it. Definitely helpful for people who are troubleshooting their own problems.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.