Ariane 5 and other Projects under development

tadeass

What type of Energia rocket you want?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Energia rocket you want?

• Energia Vulkan (Heavy payloads 200,000KG)
    • Energia- Buran (Only rocket, without Buran!) (Medium payloads (100,000KG)
    • Energia Uragan (Medium payloads, 80,000KG) Completly re-usable
    • Energia- M (Light payloads (30,000KG)
    • Energia- XS Surprise :D (Medium-heavy payloads (150,000KG) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: Capacities in KG to LEO.

Well there wasn\'t much you could have get from watching the launch the other day, seeing as it was a night launch. Just out of curiosity are the SRB\'s recovered? And if so, with the new part making system are you planing to make nose cones to them that second as chutes? Not entirely sure what can be done/exploited with the new system. Either way I really like the look of how things are coming along. Personaly I think you should (along with everyone else) should build the cargo/crew Veihicles and then scale the launch rocket to it. 2.75mts is perfect in my eyes

Well there wasn\'t much you could have get from watching the launch the other day, seeing as it was a night launch. Just out of curiosity are the SRB\'s recovered?

Usually not. They sometimes do recover them (for checks), but they aren\'t reusable.

Ok, some news and answers.

Usually not. They sometimes do recover them (for checks), but they aren\'t reusable.

@RichieD76: Yes, that\'s true.

Thank\'s to Kryten for explanation.

If you need texturing help, I have a bit of experience in P.Net

If you\'re talking about any cooperation, we can try it. Can you UVmap too? I can send you my models.

Ok, Now I\'m qoing to remake the models of core stage. (ME and the stage fuel)

Also, some model of parts of the Hermes-type-spacecraft are complete, but it\'s secret in the moment. :)

I haven\'t tried UVmap, ill do some research and try to find some way to do it though. :P

So, give me some examples of your work and after I can send you my models.

Also, I can UVmap, but it\'s better when the texturer make his own maps.

edit:

ESA1208-682x1024.jpg

Here you can see nice image of the launchpad. I have plans for it. It will be intended from the runway, it will be moveable (wheels) etc. That means, the Ariane 5 with orginal pad will be constructible only from spaceplane hangar.

Hmmm, progress of today: (The Main Engine Vulcain)

30255219.png

In the moment, 3000 polygons. It\'s so much, because now I dodn\'t aplied soldify on necessary parts. I must do something with that.

Oh, I forgot. Complete render with remaked models:

rendercomplete.png

Note: Sorry for that shadow on the duct (bottom of core stage), I couldn\'t make something with it.

Also, probably I will delete ducts on the sides of booster, they aren\'t symetrical and good looking.

new parts: Decouplers (radial, stack)

Nice :P , I have looked into UVmap but it seems to complicated for me :(

Sorry, but because you can\'t UVmap it could be better to make my own textures. I hope you don\'t mind, sorry.

Well, i cant UVmap, but, i could test the rocket (like a beta tester) to take some work off your hands.

That\'s good idea! But now, nothing is finished, but after we can since any 'test team', because it will be faster probably.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today, I finished texture on the core stage! It was much harder then I thinked. Final product:

rendercore.png

May I ask what the rockets payload will be?

Well, the payload could be:

1.- Hermes shuttle

2.- Automatic transfer vehicle

3.- Ceres (?)

4.- Rosetta orbiter (one or two you can put to the fairings)

5.- SYLDA module

This all I want to make. Sounds like a lot of work. Anyway, I want to make default rocket for universal usage, satelites, sonds, landers and rovers...

Well, the payload could be:

1.- Hermes shuttle

2.- Automatic transfer vehicle

3.- Ceres (?)

4.- Rosetta orbiter (one or two you can put to the fairings)

5.- SYLDA module

This all I want to make. Sounds like a lot of work. Anyway, I want to make default rocket for universal usage, satelites, sonds, landers and rovers...

how far along are you with them?

When is the estimated time this might be finished?Is it within 0.15 or after the 0.16 update?Great work so far, keep it up ;D

I don\'t know in the moment, sorry.

I see your forum signature...... why don\' you just use those textures?

The textures are the same, but I remaked the models for better and more realistic look.

if you want i can help with testing and/or cfg?

Well, i cant UVmap, but, i could test the rocket (like a beta tester) to take some work off your hands.

Ok. Now, you are in testing team if you want, but all parts aren\'t completed (text+ model), you must wait some time.

thanks whan you compleat any parts you can send them to me

(you can send the indeviduals untextured parts to me as well to test cfg)

And when you say config, do you also can do useful node_deffinitions? It means quite a lot of time, but that can help me really much. You can be a co-autor of the mod this way, what do you think?

EDIT: There were any questions about SYLDA... I plan it, It will look like this:

AR5_herschel-plank_H1.jpg

EDIT:

Yes!

Today, I copmleted the models. All models of the rocket, not payloads (all, but the linear decoupler not). 8)

Now that all needs texture.

Render:

rendercomplete.png

Also, sorry, but I removed Ariane 4 from the poll. Anyway, Ariane 4 will be second, I promised that. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.