Mk3 to 3.75 and Mk3 to 2.5 Hollow adapters ? And more.

Mapoko

Hello.

Basically I have these parts :

c3grG.jpgB2Xk2.jpgGs8LB.jpg

I want to make a hollow hull, where I can store my stuff and also be able to (un)load from both ends.

I have recoded and repurposed lots of my parts, but have always used basic unmodified models.

There is 3.75 to mk3 fuel tank as well as mk3 to 2.5(even 2 variants), so making that hollow may not mean doing it from a scratch, but I am simply incompetent in modeling.

-

I am not sure about the inside of the hollow 3.75 to mk3, because I will need a ramp on 1 of the sides, so the rover can move between the parts.

1PqPN.jpg

-

The Mk4 fits ramp wise, but that is pretty much it.

I also have mk4 cargo door for the back, so 3.75 to mk4 hollow adapter (with ramp inside) will be neat as well.

There are mk4 to 1.25 and 2.5 fuel tanks in the pack, but not mk4 to 3.75 or mk3.

miTP5.jpg

Also if it is possible (And I am aware it is a huge optional request) for this 3.75 part part to be made in :

1. double length

2. With opening hatches

2.1 With opening hatches and no ramp (So it will be possible to open them in the bottom and extend a ramp like shown on this picture.

oJ39W.jpg

I will post a link to this topic in the respective parts owners' topics as well, but for now the most important parts for me are the 3.75 to mk3 hollow adapter (with ramps to align) and the 3.75 part with opening hatches.

Parts list for better alignment and their respective owners/topics in the forum :

Mk3 cargo bay is stock.

Mk4 Parts : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101699

Cockpit, 3.75 hollow fuselage and mk3 ramp: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542 - SXT

The SXT seem to have no problems license wise to modify and build upon their models, as long as they are credited for the basic product. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Mk4 Parts as well.

You are free to share and adapt the materials only for non-commercial purposes and when providing appropriate attribution. Any derivatives must be distributed under the same license.

EDIT: By "ramp" I refer to the flat part inside the tube parts.

Edited by Mapoko

Think of it in reverse. For a nice mk2 front part. Like the mk2 to 1.5 version.

But as I said the most important one for me is hollow mk3 to 3.75m possibly with one of the inside sides flat like in the picture.

Here are some clarification for potential enthusiasts

This is the detail you can use as base :

OFjaI.jpg

This is the 3.75 side of the adapter relative to the 3.75 cargo bay :

M87EA.jpg

This is the mk3 relative and basic idea how the joint will be used :

uLaUt.jpg

This is poorly drawn schematic of the 3.75 parts needed.

Basically one with the flat surface and one without.

Both with opening hatches.

Length wise - as long as they are, but if you feel like it you can add double sized ones for reduced part count for total of 4 parts.

The colliding ramp is separate part, so ignore it.

ADo8P.jpg

Now the adapter. Something like a small ramp inside the hollow mk3 to 3.75 detail.

Despite the picture, no opening hatch. Just used the old picture. Also the transition mk3 to 3.75 plus hatches will not look nice.

X8W7W.jpg

Thank you in advance !

Great mod...

I am trying to find that cockpit, the 747 cargo looking one.

Have I overlooked where it is ???

I downloaded the above links, but don't seem to find it...

I must be missing something, possibly my mind.

any info will be appreciated... And again, I hope these big parts keep going on...

Cheers.

drtedastro said:
I am trying to find that cockpit, the 747 cargo looking one.

Have I overlooked where it is ???

[Moderator removed defunct website link]/parts/hull/Osaul

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.