[1.3] IR Sequencer v1.0.3 - Add-On to Infernal Robotics (updated 05/06/2017)

Ziw

Please feel free to test out latest beta release with new UI

Requires IR 2.0-RC1 or later

Requires clean install (delete any previous version from GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/IRSequencer)

New features:

• State machine functionality (can be optional, just having 1 state will replicate previous version behaviour)
  • New awesome UI
    • To select servo for Move command just Ctrl-Click it on your craft while Edit Sequence window is open
    • You can drag and drop States, Sequences between States (this will change Sequence's starting State) and Commands in Edit Sequence window.
    • Goto command now places an indicator where it points to, but please avoid using more than one GoTO command per sequence for now.
    • Cool looking progress indicators for commands in Edit Sequence window
  • You can have multiple Sequencers per craft and let them control different servos. Each Sequencer has it's own set of States.

Known issues:

• AGX support is temporarily disabled (will be re-enables on release, given that AGX will be updated).
  • Multiple IR capable crafts in physics range was not tested properly, please report any issues.

Download: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/1.0-beta2

Use beta3  https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/1.0-beta3

Edited by Ziw

17 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

and you can't make a walker using only 2 rotatrons in one leg ^^

Except you can, My mech is merely an attempt to do something based on this.

It only uses 2 Sequenced rotatrons for movement and a kOS script to detach the grapple foot on it's respective side whenever hes going to give another step.

The "schematics" you gave me, as I said before, I wanted to do something simple, and thats nothing but really similar to the complicated set up you did in one of your videos. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm not actually looking for any schematics or any crap like that I just need help with the sequencing.

1 hour ago, Kardel said:

Except you can, My mech is merely an attempt to do something based on this.

url]url]oh yo mean KOS...... well nevermind then, im not touching that script bs in any way, and my design is basic humanoid leg system easy to make, its stabile and max recorded speed has been 25m/s, doesn't need any scripting of KOS or any other "crap" it just needs the sequencer and mind to use it. and i even put the sequence into that schematic for you to learn something so don't call that a crap, and if you want to make legs like that (video you put) in ksp, you don't need sequencer at all btw, been there seen that and done those ages ago xDD

19 minutes ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

url]url]oh yo mean KOS...... well nevermind then, im not touching that script bs in any way, and my design is basic humanoid leg system easy to make, its stabile and max recorded speed has been 25m/s, doesn't need any scripting of KOS or any other "crap" it just needs the sequencer and mind to use it. and i even put the sequence into that schematic for you to learn something so don't call that a crap, and if you want to make legs like that (video you put) in ksp, you don't need sequencer at all btw, been there seen that and done those ages ago xDD

The only use for kOS on that mech is simply detaching the grapples, I can easily spread out the legs and use the IR extended landing legs and get pretty much the same result. I just need to know how to sequence my legs as everything ive tried has failed, kOS is completely unrelated to my problem. I have that part covered already.

Edited by Kardel

5 minutes ago, h0yer said:

Heya!

The sequencer seems to suffer the exact same graphical UI issues as discussed and resolved in your IR main thread (beta1-2 glitches, fixed in beta4 and RC)

I actually was able to reproduce it now. It only happens with 64 bit KSP on windows.

I'm working on a permament solution for that.

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

I actually was able to reproduce it now. It only happens with 64 bit KSP on windows.

I'm working on a permament solution for that.

nice, do tell me when its working, so i can get to create more awesome mechas and finally a big transport and a drop pod for them ; )

Just now, h0yer said:

Sure I'll test it :)

The thing is, I'm still @ work and end will be in about 1-2 hours depending on how 'Fridayey' my boss is atm :wink:

No problem. I'll have access to Win64 PC only in 4 hours or so.

I'm sorry to inform you that it didn't fully work :-/

The sequencer-menu is still 'garbled' and the icon blank, while some text within the menu is readable.

The IR-menu though works (and looks) like a charm.

A screenie might be helpful:

yOU7faWh.png

54 minutes ago, h0yer said:

I'm sorry to inform you that it didn't fully work :-/

The sequencer-menu is still 'garbled' and the icon blank, while some text within the menu is readable.

The IR-menu though works (and looks) like a charm.

Try this dll please:

https://mega.nz/#!2IUTQRCY!EGTvyuldtb5-no7A5sSjjOJxXeQxj90Zs4NvCAyj-lc

1 minute ago, h0yer said:

Oooh yeah :)

The last one works!

Ah, that thing is nothing particular, just a quick slap-it-together for the screenie :)

Thank you. Will do more test once I get home.

23 minutes ago, h0yer said:

Hmm, the sequencer window just pops up for a very short amount of time and then disappears again, when hitting its button, both in VAB and on the pad.

1) try updating both Sequencer and IR to latest versions (RC2 for IR)

2) if it does not help - post logs

Edited by Ziw

I found the issue, I simply forgot to give the test setup a probe core, sorry, my bad :-/

The hinting message disappeared behind the KER window, I didn't see it spamming, so I wasn't aware, lol :D

The new option (starting the sequencer in edit mode) seems to work as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.