[1.3] IR Sequencer v1.0.3 - Add-On to Infernal Robotics (updated 05/06/2017)

Ziw

To edit commands you can set a pointer by clicking on command number and add a new command below and remove old command via delete button

parts position is read upon adding new parts, but I can make it re-read them more often

What I want is to edit the old command without making a new one and deleting the old one.

What I want is to edit the old command without making a new one and deleting the old one.

It would be a UI nightmare to have all those textfields in the commands section. The existing solution is not so elegant, but it works.

I have some ideas, but we'll have to wait until Unity 5 and overhauled UI system implemented by Squad.

It would be a UI nightmare to have all those textfields in the commands section. The existing solution is not so elegant, but it works.

I have some ideas, but we'll have to wait until Unity 5 and overhauled UI system implemented by Squad.

Good point then.

FYI, you can apply the sequencer module to all probes (mod and stock) by using one patch like this:

PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]]]
{
%MODULE[SequencerStorage] {
}
}

Or even delete the nested :HAS block and just add it to all sources of command.

Check out this pre-release version of Sequencer that allows creating and editing sequences in the VAB/SPH

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/0.4-pre

Please note that it REQUIRES the pre-release version if IR, found here:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/0.21.3-rc

• 3 weeks later...
Check out this pre-release version of Sequencer that allows creating and editing sequences in the VAB/SPH

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/0.4-pre

Please note that it REQUIRES the pre-release version if IR, found here:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/0.21.3-rc

I can't find or get it working in the VAB/SPH. And will be there an option to save all created sequences and apply them to other crafts? I mean two identical build crafts, and not different ones.

Edit: Nevermind, it works now. Really cool. AT-AT.

Edited by Space Scumbag

Hi, I made a sequence with this addon, but even though it is set to loop and even does so perfectly in the SPH, when I launch en start the sequence it just plays and stops at the end. If I want to start it again I have to pause it and start it again. I don't know if this is a bug or just me being stupid, but I thought I'd just post it here. (btw I'm using the pre-release version to test out the sequences in the SPH)

I'll be away from any Internet for the next couple weeks, but as soon as I get back I'll release an update. In the meanwhile please post any issues you have, preferably with screenshots and logs.

Am I missing something or it is not possible right now to start the sequence with an action group? I mean without having to open the IR Sequencer GUI and press play

Edited by brusura

Am I missing something or it is not possible right now to start the sequence with an action group? I mean without having to open the IR Sequencer GUI and press play

Yes, that feature is missing, we will need a new part for it or integrate it in probe cores. It's also not possible to activate a sequence and change to another craft without stopping the sequence. An action group would solve this problem. I also found a bug, if you destroy the IR parts on a craft, the sequencer deletes the commands from its list. You have to revert your flight to get it back or else you have to redo everything.

And I also would like to see an option to edit existing commands instead of deleting and adding a new one. It is too much work if I have more than 50 commands and have to change the speed of every single one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I encountered a strange bug with this, not sure if it's already been reported or if it's 1.0.5 related, or if it's just a mistake on my part. I've got a six leg walker, 4 joints in each leg, it appeared to work fine and I programmed several sequences in the SPH and Flight scene and ran them without issue.

Then I decided I could do better and arranged the joints into 12 named groups in the IR editor (left/right, front/mid/rear legs, ect.) to make programming in the sequencer easier since it picks up groups from IR. That appears to make several of the "position" and "speed" fields for individual joints un-editable in the sequence editor. Then i removed half of the groups and cut down to one for each leg, still the same issue. Then I removed all the groups in the IR editor to have just a huge list of joints again and every field could be edited again.

This was in a new 1.0.5 with just IR, IR-Rework and the IR sequencer.

I encountered a strange bug with this, not sure if it's already been reported or if it's 1.0.5 related, or if it's just a mistake on my part. I've got a six leg walker, 4 joints in each leg, it appeared to work fine and I programmed several sequences in the SPH and Flight scene and ran them without issue.

Then I decided I could do better and arranged the joints into 12 named groups in the IR editor (left/right, front/mid/rear legs, ect.) to make programming in the sequencer easier since it picks up groups from IR. That appears to make several of the "position" and "speed" fields for individual joints un-editable in the sequence editor. Then i removed half of the groups and cut down to one for each leg, still the same issue. Then I removed all the groups in the IR editor to have just a huge list of joints again and every field could be edited again.

This was in a new 1.0.5 with just IR, IR-Rework and the IR sequencer.

Ziw is looking in to updating the Sequencer to 1.0.5. I have encountered a similar issue with renaming parts (regrouping works fine). If you do rename them, save your craft, exit out of the hanger and then go back in. It will reload fine and be functional again. I did this with your walker to make things easier to understand.

Edit:

Here's some pictures of what I built yesterday. No, he can't walk yet, I've just learned to open and close his fist now.

http://imgur.com/a/Emqie

Wow I can't believe I missed this! Great work on that design!

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off, this mod is absolutely amazing!! Thanks so much for building this, it adds so much potential!!

On 14/12/2015, 09:18:44, ZodiusInfuser said:

Can you show us an image? I can't recall encountering this bug before.

I think I'm encountering the same issue as skoopadoop;  I can open the dialog to edit sequences in the SPH, but not in flight.  In flight I just get a grey dialog with no content. 
IR v0.21.4 | Sequencer v0.5

In Flight - editor is blank, dialog can not be moved either, but can be closed by clicking the button again.
dg1V3nm.jpg

In the SPH all is good.
DIJoUVM.jpg

Edited by katateochi

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

Does it happen with 0.4 as well? Can you also check for errors in Debug panel in flight (alt-f12)?

With 0.5 when opening the sequence editor in flight I get a stream of these two errors in the debug panel;

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[Error]: GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

That repeats until the blank dialog is closed.

I've now replaced 0.5 with 0.4 and the problem doesn't exist in 0.4, editor opens in flight just fine, no errors shown in log

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.