Maybe a Wind Tunnel?

Well, considering you can test your planes on the runway and then revert back to the hangar, I don't see how a wind tunnel would be useful. However, some people play at the hardest difficulty which disables the "revert" button. In these cases, this idea would be helpful.

Ah, Ok, well I have seen some space facilities, and it seemed strange that there was no "Wind Tunnel" facility. then it got me thinking (Like I said, I do this a lot), if there was only a way to design a vehicle, then jump to the "Wind Tunnel" to test it first, then if all goes well, launch/fly it off the ground. The wind tunnel is an integral part of the space program. (Seems to be costly to crash and burn). Thanks for the replies.

"Niles"

We kinda have real basics of the main thing you would get out of a wind tunnel with the center of lift button.

Eh, not quite. You still need center of drag and, even with FAR, there are nuances of flight at various angles of attack that could be easily assessed via a wind tunnel.

I thought about a mod that locks the plane in place and lets you place a "fan" with adjustable wind velocity, within the VAB/SPH. This would allow testing for stalling without the plane actually losing control in the game. Also, structural stress could be color coded in the parts.

If we had a NASA level genius here he could even implement something like

. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.