Update not Available

The launcher has been saying it's checking for updates for hours - I've restarted it twice, nada. The website is unavailable, saying:

Server Migration

Kerbal Space Program website is in maintenance mode while we are performing a Server Migration.

We appreciate your patience.

- Squad Team

- so I'm guessing that within a few hours it'll all be fixed and I'll be able to download v1.0! :-)

PS: Just in case it makes any difference, I'm in the UK, and I run KSP on Linux.

The website seems buggy.

You can't access it directly, but you can get to the store from the button on top of the forum menu.

Images and CSS don't load tho, but KSP seems to get a 25% sale.

/kspstore/, everything is working, but outside of it it's broken.

xhGARYz.png

UK Linux user here too, I cleared my cache then googled for the Squad store rather than use the link or my bookmark, google's DNS should be up to date and work.

Update:

Changing your DNS server to Googles, fixes this! 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Edited by sal_vager

UK Linux user here too, I cleared my cache then googled for the Squad store rather than use the link or my bookmark, google's DNS should be up to date and work.

Update:

Changing your DNS server to Googles, fixes this! 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I beg your pardon? Terribly sorry, but I haven't a clue what that means! (To be more precise - I know a DNS server is a thing that directs traffic around the internet. I have no idea how to change 'mine') And i'm afraid that I'm getting exactly the same message as I did before when I click the Store button from the forum. Using Google to search for KSP Squad store gets me - exactly the same result. Any suggestions?

Hi Salvager, many thanks, although I did somewhat belatedly engage brain and tried seeing what Google's website has to say about DNS servers, and managed to work out how to set 8.8.8.8 as an alternative DNS doodad. Then a restart of my PC, and I could get through to the store. Then I had the fun of needing a password reset (yup. Got the server maintenance message first couple of tries). Then I got to the store, but only option was to buy, rather than download. Hmmn.. I'm suspecting there's something I've missed somewhere, but will let you know how I get on. At least I'm making progress! :-)

Update: Tried once more, and this time I'm seeing the bit where it recognises when I first purchased KSP, and is offering me the download. And.. -it's now merrily downloading now. Yaaay!

Edited by Esme

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.