Working of the Mobile Processing Lab after 1.0

Foxster

I'm trying to figure out how the MPL works now.

It seems to only process each experiment once now. So you only get the processing buff once per experiment.

I don't really understand the continuous research yet. It starts at 0 sci/day and just sticks at that. However, once you have processed an experiment on board then it goes up. You can't process an experiment more than once as I said above but you can take multiple experiments along and each of these being processed in the lab adds to the lab's sci/day.

So to make a station that will be generating a lot of science it seems you need to take a lot of experiments and process them in the lab. I seem to remember them saying it would decay over time, so maybe you have to take up and dock a new bunch of experiments occasionally, which makes some vague sense.

Edited by Foxster

Bu what do you do with this data, then? I now have stored 500/500 Data. How does one empty this storage? I thought that was what the "trasmit data" button was for, but it is doing nothing.

Two scentists? Are you sure? I had a ship with two Kerbals, a pilot and a scentist. I was able to do the extra research with stuff I brought from the surface of Minmus, with only 1 scentist in the lab. I was just unable to send the data once it hit 500. As I wrote before: the transmit button just did nothing.

I've heard that there is an issue (feature?) where you can't actually send the science unless you have a crewed command pod or probe core attached to the science lab. Do you have someone in a pod as well as in the lab?

I've heard that there is an issue (feature?) where you can't actually send the science unless you have a crewed command pod or probe core attached to the science lab. Do you have someone in a pod as well as in the lab?

Just the MPL and a probe core will do you.

• 2 weeks later...

Processing the experiment adds the data to the lab queue, which then (if crewed with a scientist) will start converting the data into science points when you start the research. You can choose to keep/transmit the experiment after processing it, which stacks with the science from the lab.

The more data the lab contains (up to 500) the more science it will produce per day.

Data is the only thing that matters. It's fully intended that you can even stuff experiments you have already returned to Kerbin into the lab and get even more science.

Also, stuffing sciece into the lab will not affect its science payout for regular transmitting/returning in any way. You can always do both just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.