One old Army truck for 1.0, stock this time. Craft file inside if you wanna go for a drive.

I thought to play with minimal mods for a while and re-created my old Army truck designs with stock parts. Man, it was quite a challenge without the versatility of TweakScale!

The truck doesn't look as good as my previous offerings, but at least you don't need to hunt for 7+ mods to run it :) Feel free to drive it around, crash it, have a party in the bed, launch a rocket from it, or just download it for when you need a truck.

Download from KerbalX

7v2BND0.jpg

... The truck doesn't look as good as my previous offerings, but at least you don't need to hunt for 7+ mods to run it :) ...

Yea plus getting things to look nice with stock parts is often more rewarding.

This one truck looks gorgeous, well done.

One suggestion, in edit action groups section, breaks tab you can toggle the rear light for a brake light. :)

Edited by RevanCorana

I quite like this truck. I have a jet fuel tanker version built off of my M1A1 modification, but I await KIS and KAS updates for it to be functional in refueling operations. Also, here is the list of changes for the M1A1 version: 2 LT-1 landing legs at the front to act as jacks during a crash. 1 LT-1 Landing Leg to act as a jack for the rear wheels. Steering locked on rear four wheels (for realism).

I quite like this truck. I have a jet fuel tanker version built off of my M1A1 modification, but I await KIS and KAS updates for it to be functional in refueling operations. Also, here is the list of changes for the M1A1 version: 2 LT-1 landing legs at the front to act as jacks during a crash. 1 LT-1 Landing Leg to act as a jack for the rear wheels. Steering locked on rear four wheels (for realism).

Good modifications!

Feel free to share the craft file of your M1A1 version, I will be using this truck chassis for a video over Labour Day weekend, as a Kerbal Truck Sim parody No. 2.

First off, a box truck deploying shopping cart rovers with kerbals sitting in em :)

*Message from Colony Set-up Vehicle Athena*

"Is this on? Wait... Oh it's on! Hi pandoras kitten, thank you for making such an awesome truck. I'll be leaving LKO soon and going to Laythe, but I wanted to send this message to you before I left. Before I lifted off the ground, I took Bob, Bill and Phil Kerman on a trip through some of Kerbin's biomes. Phil was my co-driver and Bob and Bill had their usual jobs. We launched two high altitude probes and got tons of Science!. Thank you for this truck, and I would love it for if I came back home for there to be more for me to drive! Bye, and see you sometime!"

This truck is awesome. I love it. I'll upload photos soon.

The message above basically means "Can you make more trucks?"

Thanks!

DMSP

[Edit]: Message was sent from Staca Kerman

Edited by DMSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.