1.0.1 Hypetrain!

Well, the devs just said that they are working on 1.0.1, and while I realize that people won't be as excited, I thought that this update should get some love, too:D

We so far have no confirmed features, but if other patches are any indication, then we'll be getting bug-fixes for sure,probably performance improvements, and maybe new or fixed features.

So,what are you waiting for? HYPE!

EDIT:

Some people thought that patch hype thread was silly, so I'm making this into a discussion thread for 1.0.1 and what you would like to see in it:D

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

Awesome, can't wait!

I deleted my career last night after the 5th mission when Jeb was lost in an exploding world bug. You know, where the altimeter goes blank and the world disappears, along with the Space Center, and you have to restart KSP.

Loving the new aero model though, and the tech tree re-balance (at least up to the tier 3 airplane node)! I can't wait to start a new career and get back to the Mun and beyond!

1.0 has some serious issues. I'm very happy with what Squad was *trying* to do for 1.0, they just desperately needed more time to test and tweak it. Hopefully putting it in the hands of tens of thousands of players has accelerated this testing process.

So I'm super excited and anticipate that 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 will be a most awesome version. I'm hoping they can get together the most glaring fixes and push 1.0.1 out within a week (or, even better, this week), with any remaining bugs getting stomped with 1.0.2 if necessary. I don't think I'll play much more in 1.0 (at least not my campaign), I'll just wait for a round of bugfixes first.

My hype energy has all converted to KSP 1.0 playing energy. Remember energy cannot be created or destroyed. Only converted. The equation for hype to playing energy is as follows

N*(t)^2= W/T The left side is hype energy measured in Posts per second. The right side is playing energy which has no units.

Where N=Number of posts on the hype train

t=time reading hype train posts

W= time since last update

T= Time played on current version..

As you can see as time played inreases hype decreases. Hype is inversely proportional to time played.

Currently my time played on 1.0 is high so I am all out of hype. Sorry.

My hype energy has all converted to KSP 1.0 playing energy. Remember energy cannot be created or destroyed. Only converted. The equation for hype to playing energy is as follows

N*(t)^2= W/T The left side is hype energy measured in Posts per second. The right side is playing energy which has no units.

Where N=Number of posts on the hype train

t=time reading hype train posts

W= time since last update

T= Time played on current version..

As you can see as time played inreases hype decreases. Hype is inversely proportional to time played.

Currently my time played on 1.0 is high so I am all out of hype. Sorry.

Don't worry, we can set a record for the shortest hype thread!

I changed the OP to reflect that.

Okay, then, a few things:

Jet engines seem REALLY overpowered still. A single turbo ramjet is more powerful than most rocket engines, and will very easily and extremely quickly turn your ship into molten slag blazing through the atmosphere at Mach 3. Perhaps a bit of thrust nerf?

Parts impacting water induces much, much, MUCH more lag than it used to, especially when they explode or get damaged.

Parts exploding low-atmosphere due to overheating also induce incredulous amounts of lag.

When you switch from Map to Vessel view, you can see your orbit line and a ghosted image of your orbit, fading nearly instantly. Dunno why this happens, but it's ugly.

Sorry for being one of many, but career mode is still a bit of a grind in Hard mode (Though much, much better!), but only because of the building price. Perhaps "hard" mode could simply mean increased penalties if you fail, harder missions, and increased rewards? Instead of increased penalties and decreased rewards, and the standard missions?

Early on in career mode, strategies are nearly useless, and that is when you need them the most. Though I like the nerfed rewards (First thing I tried to do was get "Outsourced R&D" (The one that does Funds->Science), and found that it was nerfed to hell, much approval on my part), you basically cannot get any rewards now.

This is ridiculous. Getting hyped for a PATCH? Seriously?

Eh, I'm not that hyped, but considering the heat-shield issues, etc., I'm willing to accept this :P

- - - Updated - - -

When you switch from Map to Vessel view, you can see your orbit line and a ghosted image of your orbit, fading nearly instantly. Dunno why this happens, but it's ugly.

This has been in the game forever! I always thought it was intentional, and personally I love it. For some reason :P

Long standing bug/feature, probably due to how they switch scenes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.