Clicking through menus to underlying things

Hi,

I'm running 1.0, the linux 64bit version and I've got a problem with menus.

Example: When I'm in the VAB and want to overwrite an existing design, I get asked "Do you want to overwrite". If I click on the button the click also get's forwarded to any underlying part in the VAB, most of the time detaching things.

As a GUI developer myself I'd say the button click event is not cancled here, but kept in the event loop.

Is this a known problem or just here on my side?

Hi,

I'm running 1.0, the linux 64bit version and I've got a problem with menus.

Example: When I'm in the VAB and want to overwrite an existing design, I get asked "Do you want to overwrite". If I click on the button the click also get's forwarded to any underlying part in the VAB, most of the time detaching things.

As a GUI developer myself I'd say the button click event is not cancled here, but kept in the event loop.

Is this a known problem or just here on my side?

It's a known issue. Been around for a long time. I often find myself picking up pieces of rockets in the VAB when I want to click menu buttons.

Hello Sandworm,

so I'm not the only one with this issue. It's annoying as hell. Why isn't this fixed in 1.0?

Lol. "why isn't this fixed for 1.0" describes most every post in the last 48 hours. It's one of those longstanding bugs that everyone has just learned to live with. So it probably isn't a priority for the devs.

There is a tracker:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp

Some here have faith in the tracker. I do not. Do post your bug, but do not expect quick results. There are many, perhaps a dozen or so, long-standing bugs that the devs have passed over patch after patch. In fact many have been "patched" by the community via mods, which is probably in part why the devs haven't bothered. See the "Stock Bug Fixes" thread pinned in the addons forum.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v1-0-0-27-Apr-15%29-Misc-Utilities-%2818-Jan-15%29.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.