Launch pad clipping problems

Still waiting on that confirmation email to come from Bugtracker, but check this out:

CJh4Ad8.jpg

On8OdpA.jpg

After grinding some contracts I finally got enough to upgrade the tracking station for an attempted moon orbit. But much to my disappointment I can't launch because the rocket is sitting crooked and off center on the launchpad. I tried to fly it many times, but it flies crooked and eventually hits the ground. I don't have the launch stabilizer arm thingies to use (nor should I need them for a simple rocket like this). I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

I forgot to add that it does not matter how many times I recover and launch.

Someone mentioned something about clipping problems with the launchpad in one of the threads, I hope a fix makes it in the next patch. I have the craft file and save game handy if need be.

Edited by finky45

Still waiting on that confirmation email to come from Bugtracker, but check this out:

http://i.imgur.com/CJh4Ad8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/On8OdpA.jpg

After grinding some contracts I finally got enough to upgrade the tracking station for an attempted moon orbit. But much to my disappointment I can't launch because the rocket is sitting crooked and off center on the launchpad. I tried to fly it many times, but it flies crooked and eventually hits the ground. I don't have the launch stabilizer arm thingies to use (nor should I need them for a simple rocket like this). I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

I forgot to add that it does this no matter how many times I recover and launch.

Someone mentioned something about clipping problems with the launchpad in one of the threads, I hope a fix makes it in the next patch. I have the craft file and save game handy if need be.

I can confirm this as well. Claw has a stock bugfix mod that addresses this. It's the Tier 2 launchpad - it's definitely bugged. It's most easily reproduced with LV-T30s and the Thumper boosters (and I see you are using the Thumper!)

d68VwKB.jpg

After updating to 1.0.2 the problem is still occurring (I didn't see a fix in either changelog). I zoomed in closer to see the problem and added stack decouplers to see if that would fix the clipping. I think the launchpad is bugged. As of now, KSP is broken. I cannot fly this rocket and I will not grind more crap contracts for 2 science a pop to unlock stabilizers to fix a bug. As you can tell from my tone I am getting pissy. I had a working product that I paid for in 0.90. Now you guys decided to work on 5 features simultaneously instead of releasing them one a time and testing them, because you set it in your mind to release on a certain date and you rushed. Now it's probably crunch time for programmers to fix the bugs that escaped your thorough testing procedures, and annoying for users that can't play the game. Not good for anyone. I don't like coming here and submitting bug reports. It's not my job as a customer to assist you in fixing your product. If you think it's not worth the hassle, then maybe you should charge more money to make it worth it. Tired of this money first, break it, then maybe fix it later game industry.

Oh and I did not receive my confirmation email for Bugtracker to submit this bug. Checked in spam/trash, tried to remake the account, no go. Looks like it wasn't sent or got hung up somewhere to the Google servers. Can someone with a Bugtracker account submit this bug so it can catch the attention of Squad? I need it fixed to continue playing and I'm sure other people will run into the same problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.