New landing gear needed.

So in varies occasions we actually need a landing gear attach to the fuselage while maintain its roll stability like this;

4054.jpg

-- But this is just ridiculous. I hope there will be a more viable solution in near future. Thanks for reading.

4uvhADm.png

There's fixed landing gear which is slanted. Also, we literally just got ​five new landing gears.

The stock game now has PLENTY of landing gear options. If you still can't find what you want then I think you need to be looking at mods. There is a point where the amount of stock parts can get saturated and I think this sort of thing is a perfect example of what should be in mod territory.

The stock game now has PLENTY of landing gear options. If you still can't find what you want then I think you need to be looking at mods. There is a point where the amount of stock parts can get saturated and I think this sort of thing is a perfect example of what should be in mod territory.

Indeed, but a feature like the Adjustable Landing Gear mod would be lovely. At least the option to tilt the wheels to face the ground for angled gear...

But he wants the option to not have to put landing gear straight up and down. Which is perfectly understandable.

With something like adjustable landing gear, you got everything covered. With how stock was done there are only so many situations you can cover. (Around 3-5 possible landing gear solutions really, at least on a general level)

I don't understand. Why don't you just rotate the gear?
That's what the rotation tool is for

You can't rotate the wheels as well as the support. If you rotate the gear 90 degrees, the wheels touch the ground at 90 degrees.

There's an example picture in the original post.

I don't think we need more landing gear, I think the ones we have could do with some work.

I really like the new landing gear and am glad to have them but I think these could do with some attention:

• The wheels should turn. currently they are static and do not roll. looks weird.
  • They need some suspension or shock absorption. real aircraft landing gear have this to prevent bouncing when landing. would be nice of the suspension was adjustable too (this goes for rover wheels too)
  • Adjustable ride height. nose gear is usually too tall.
  • Adjustable wheel orientation. like the OP is talking about. adjustable wheel tilt so you can point at the ground. look at the little feet on the landing legs for example.
  • Lights! look at the model. they have lights. let us turn them on.
  • And finally steering. taxiing is unnecessarily challenging at the moment.

From looking at the models it looks like this was the intention but I guess they where left out due to time constraints pre v1.0.

You can't rotate the wheels as well as the support. If you rotate the gear 90 degrees, the wheels touch the ground at 90 degrees.

There's an example picture in the original post.

That's why you rotate it just enough to put the wheels square on the ground...

That's why you rotate it just enough to put the wheels square on the ground...

Then you are clipping. If you want to put two wheels on the fuselage without odd clipping (Actually having the part that attaches attached FFS!) then you cannot have the wheels sit on the ground properly like wheels should. Those two things are completely incompatible with stock. They do not have to be.

I don't think we need more landing gear, I think the ones we have could do with some work.

I really like the new landing gear and am glad to have them but I think these could do with some attention:

• The wheels should turn. currently they are static and do not roll. looks weird.
  • They need some suspension or shock absorption. real aircraft landing gear have this to prevent bouncing when landing. would be nice of the suspension was adjustable too (this goes for rover wheels too)
  • Adjustable ride height. nose gear is usually too tall.
  • Adjustable wheel orientation. like the OP is talking about. adjustable wheel tilt so you can point at the ground. look at the little feet on the landing legs for example.
  • Lights! look at the model. they have lights. let us turn them on.
  • And finally steering. taxiing is unnecessarily challenging at the moment.

From looking at the models it looks like this was the intention but I guess they where left out due to time constraints pre v1.0.

I strongly agree with all those points. The lack of steering is really odd (especially when all the other ones have steering). The new gears are really nice, but it does feel like they haven't been finished yet.

And with regards to OP's point, having the adjustable landing gear mod functionality in stock would be extremely useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.