Kerbal space hotel and shuttle service

boostme

In 0.90 career mode I always gave rescue missions priority - but then in an entire career I might get called to save only three or four kerbals. Now in 1.0 I'm doing little else. I'm halfway through the tech tree and already I rescued 15 kerbals, with three more waiting is orbit. I've not even yet tarred my runway, but the astronaut complex is the only building that's fully upgraded. My missions consists of launching an empty lander can and bringing it back full. Should I tell the stranded kerbals to go to hell, or what?

Is there a career mode contract fix for 1.0 yet?

In 0.90 career mode I always gave rescue missions priority - but then in an entire career I might get called to save only three or four kerbals. Now in 1.0 I'm doing little else. I'm halfway through the tech tree and already I rescued 15 kerbals, with three more waiting is orbit. I've not even yet tarred my runway, but the astronaut complex is the only building that's fully upgraded. My missions consists of launching an empty lander can and bringing it back full. Should I tell the stranded kerbals to go to hell, or what?

Is there a career mode contract fix for 1.0 yet?

YOu CAN just decline them, there's no penalty.

Also you don't have to upgrade your complex for the rescued kerbonauts. I have 15 of 12 right now, and I've hired all of .. ONE. And I have two minmus rescues outstanding right now.

I wouldn't have even upgraded the complex once for that, but the second one is required for .. EVA or somesuch.

The prevalence of Kerbal rescue missions does seem to be much higher now. I once had the entire list of potential missions be rescue contracts. Granted, I had to engineer it that way a bit, but it took surprisingly few rejected contracts for it to work out that way.

Yeah. It just feels wrong to decline a kerbal in need. I'm a softy that way.

Also Squad: Wow! Thanks. I'm having loads of fun. I'm going to continue filling my space hotel and see if I can make a record or something.

I designed a space hotel in 0.90 as a station for training kerbals where a interplanetary tug takes them around the kerbin SoI and a smaller shuttle is used to bring them back home. I might do something similar in my new 1.0 save.

I currently have 15 Kerbals working for me, with a limit of 12, and I've not hired a single Kerbal. I know there are a few more in need of rescue still.

I'm currently rescuing 4 at a time when I can. I am kind of getting tired of it - but on the plus side I am building up a good team! The other good thing is, rescued Kerbals always get xp to start with, so are invariably level 1 from the get go.

I feel that they should have limited the rescue mission so you could not exceed the maximum of the astronaut complex (ie if no more capacity, no more rescue missions), but it's good money so I wont complain too much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.