Liquid engines don't maintain power

I'm new so this may be an obvious answer, but anyway: I'm trying to get into orbit, but for some reason my liquid engines are acting weird. They only hold power at about 1/3 throttle and it wavers up and down. It also cuts out randomly then cuts back in. I have electric charge. It happens to mechjeb as well.

Thanks

No joysticks. I have limit to terminal velocity and prevent overheating on. But when this problem occurs it's nowhere near terminal velocity or overheating.

Don't assume that. Remember the aero dynamics have changed since mech jeb was designed originally. By turning your rocket you are increasing drag which in turn limits how fast the rocket can move, also know as terminal velocity.

I not sure it's a bug in mech jeb, I just think its something you can't really utilize anymore with the improve aerodynamics. Drag was more or less constant before the update from what I've been able to figure out.

Test it out. Turn on sas and don't change direction while you have limit terminal velocity on. Then turn the rocket a bit, you should see the throttle drop. I've seen it bottom out entirely when I've turned too much spreading drag across the long axis of the rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.