Camera Wobble set to ridiculously high values at restart

Every time I start KSP, the camera wobble setting is set to some absurd value (e.g. 9549148.0 or 9729489.0). As far as I remember, it's not always the same number and it differs for external and internal wobble.

I'm running the 64-bit version on Kubuntu 15.04.

The audio volume sliders seem to be affected, too, but the actual volume is okay.

Edit: It also happens on the first launch after loading.

Edited by BrokenPhysics
added edit

Every time I start KSP, the camera wobble setting is set to some absurd value (e.g. 9549148.0 or 9729489.0). As far as I remember, it's not always the same number and it differs for external and internal wobble.

I'm running the 64-bit version on Kubuntu 15.04.

The audio volume sliders seem to be affected, too, but the actual volume is okay.

Edit: It also happens on the first launch after loading.

Look under the known issues/Linux section. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92228-Known-Issues-Self-Help

Are you using this LC-ALL Workaround? If not you should try it (make sure to delete the settings file first)

Hi BrokenPhysics, the x86_64 version of KSP for Linux does not include the LC_ALL=C localization fix that is present in the KSP.x86 binary.

Please delete your settings.cfg and use "LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64" to start the game, you will need to do this each time so it's it's best to make a shell script or if using Steam add "LC_ALL=C %command%_64" to the launch options.

Ninja'd!

Actually, I am already using the LC_ALL=C workaround (and have been since I started playing in 0.21).

The issue I am describing is nothing like the things introduced by not having LC_ALL=C, but actually affects the settings themselves: When I manually put them to a reasonable value, everything is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the game is mocking me. Now I can't reproduce it anymore...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.