Questions on 1.02

Um, so there are supposed to be new temperature gauges you can turn on and off with F10. I don't see them. What am I missing?

Also, in the VAB in the parts list how come I can't see the drag value of parts anymore. Did that go away at some point??

Thanks

I think drag values are not displayed anymore because the new aerodynamic model doesn't add up the drag of all the parts of the rocket to get the total drag (as in pre 1.0); but instead calculates the general drag in a new way considering what parts are actually exposed to airflow (think about fairings).

Also drag now depends on the orientation of the part.

Then the real effect of a part on your ship could not be predicted by just a number.

Yeah, I wish you could turn the temperature gauges off. I'd rather just see temp on the right click menu to be honest. Any gui element that sits on top of the craft is kind of annoying and distracting.

In flight (landed too)

F10 - temperature warning. on by default.

F11 - heat overlay

F12 - aero overlay + Steam screenshot

you can toggle each on/off as you please.

You can change that in Steam. I made my screenshot F1 so it takes double screenshots, but doesn't waste a key.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.