So, I found a weird bug in 1.0.2

1024x768.resizedimage

I should note that in staging mode, my altitude was somewhere in the 90-95km range. Aside from MJ 2.5, I have DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.2, KIS 1.1.1, SpaceY 0.12.2, and Modular Rocket Systems 1.6.2.

After thinking this through for a moment, I'm going to leave this in Support (unmodded installs) until we can rule out a stock bug. Is your craft in contact with any fairing panels?

Actually, I believe it was (I reverted the flight). I'll do another one with stock parts and see if the problem still persists.

So, just did the full stock run (not even MJ), with a design guaranteed to keep the fairings from leaving, and yes, it seems to be caused by fairings sticking to the craft.

9A2600F97ABE7A51CF372C97FA558786F4C9603D

Just after launch.

F5FFDD57AA647AF3AA2066BC102DF7E3064D857D

Just after jettisoning the first set of fairings, which had nothing keeping them in place.

02CCFC8FD3C6EBAE691AA372B9DB7C642DE8A3AB

Just after jettisoning the second set of fairings, which had modular girders acting as a cage to keep them in contact with the craft.

94C73DA6E25E34EB28DE1316817C15E3E3ED3BAD

Zoomed out screenshot after noticing the apoapsis indicator in the previous shot, notice how it stays in the same place on the screen. Aside from not having an orbit connected to it, it seems to work normally, though I should note I didn't check for a corresponding perapsis indicator.

I had a similar issue. But not with fairings, though fairings were used on the craft. I put a small service bay on the craft, put in 2 Z-200 batteries and 8 Z-400 on a radial connection to the Z-200. They were clipping through the service bay doors a bit, but I did not care at first.

After launching the vessel it was a bit shaky, but I thought it was just my strange construction + the fairing. After reaching Orbit and releasing the fairing it still behaved somewhat strange. When I tried to do time warp it told me it's not possible when under accelleration. Then I rebuilt my design regarding the batteries and no more issues. So I filed this under: Bad design - .... happens!

I hope I still got the construction saved, will try to reproduce the issue.

Had the same problem with service bay's.

I had that same issue with parts going through the service bays. The one time I tried it, I put a few batteries and MJ inside, and found MJ dancing around the bottom of my spacecraft in orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.