Graphics Glitch

Experiencing a strange graphics glitch when launching my Apollo style rocket, based around the main engines. As you can see in the attached image, there are some odd Kerbal colour rectangles, and the engines themselves together with the fairings they are attached to, are outlined with a kind of glow effect. Both effects disappear when I stage and discard this particular part of the rocket.

screenshot3.png

Hi Scarecrow88,

This actually is not a glitch but a feature of 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. In essence, the bars and the glow effect allow you to see which parts are heating up, and may potentially explode. Basically, the glowing outlines show which parts are overheating, and the rectangle is a temperature bar explaining how much heat that certain part has. If you want to disable it, just press F10 and it should go away.

All the best, and if my solution is not working please let me know and I can direct you in a different direction if necessary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.