What next?

I have 36 science points and this science technologies.

Image1_zpsxe60kly9.jpg

But I'm a bit lost of what to do now, I used the junior lab and the boogie capsules in all flight parameters so I cannot get more science from those, so what should I do now to get more science? any idea? And once I get thos 9 points which tech should I get in order to get more science?

Thanks!

> But I'm a bit lost of what to do now, I used the junior lab and the boogie capsules in all flight parameters so I cannot get more science from those, so what should I do now to get more science? any idea?

Hard to say without knowing what you already did, where you went, etc... If you havent, unlock kerbal EVA, go in LKO and spam Eva reports above each different biome.

> And once I get thos 9 points which tech should I get in order to get more science?

I would say : go for the top item. Gives you more engines and bigger fuel tanks, so you can go to the mun & minmus and bring back lots of science.

The different areas on Kerbin count as different biomes (for example Grasslands, Dessert, Water, Highlands, Launch Pad, Runway ....). You can collect science in each of these. The same is true of the other planetary bodies (for example on Minmus you have Flats, Greater Flats, Lesser Flats and so on.

E.g. if you build a "space plane" in the space plane hangar that is just a command pod and lauch it you will start on the runway, this is another biome so you can do your collection thing there.

Once you have all this science you can use it to unlock parts in the Research Facility.

Kerbin Biome Map:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/File:KerbinBiomeMap.png

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Biome

You might want to check out if the Science Alert mod might be good for you. It doesn't change the stock gameplay, but instead it alerts you when there are science points to be gained and gives easy shortcut buttons to start collecting that science. Then you can just fly around and it will tell you when you are in a biome/altitude/situation where you can collect more science.

Each building of the KSC is also its own biome, take a jog and collect Eva reports and surface samples for each for a nicechunk of science.

Without any scientific equipment? Simply launch a capsule without engine, make the Kerbal goes EVA and walk around?

Will try that mod, but to collect more science visiting biomes will not be better to purchase "plane" science so I can overfly the different biomes and gather more science?

You could try that but the only thing with that plan is it can be quite tedious flying planes a quarter of the way around the planet to get the sciene that way.

Better, i think, is to build a simple orbital rocket which should be pretty straightforward with only a little of the tech tree unlocked. Get a Kerbal into a Polar low Kerbin orbit and pick up EVA reports from each of the biomes as they pass beneath you. Advantage of that, over the plane plan, is that you get more science from EVA in space and you can safely use the time warp feature to pick up all the biomes.

Kerbal Engineer mod is another one that will tell yo uwhat biome you are currently in/flying over.

Without any scientific equipment? Simply launch a capsule without engine, make the Kerbal goes EVA and walk around?

Yep. You will need a tier 2 astronaught complex for Eva reports, and its going to be tedious because you will have to keep going back to the capsule to drop off your reports so you can take another, but each sample is like 7 sci and each report is 3. Totally worth it.

Yep. You will need a tier 2 astronaught complex for Eva reports, and its going to be tedious because you will have to keep going back to the capsule to drop off your reports so you can take another, but each sample is like 7 sci and each report is 3. Totally worth it.

You only need the building upgrade for spacewalks; you can EVA on Kerbin by default. Surface samples require an upgrade, although I'm not sure if it's Astro Complex or R&D.

Anything between 70 and 250km will do. At this level, the only thing that cares about biomes in orbit is EVA reports, so no need to send experiments if you already did them in low space, however everything cares about biomes when landed so you could still bring them and land somewhere far from KSP and do them there (eg ice caps, badlands, desert). Getting all 9 EVA reports from space should give a decent sum.

Alternatively an almost equatorial orbit a few degrees south will hit 7 biomes in a single orbit (8 if you can find the small patches of tundra near ksp)

Unlock the top node (Advanced Rocketry), as it has the 909, a great vacuum engine, which can get you into orbit of the Mun or Minmus where you can use the same trick for tons more science.

Also if you haven't yet, you can get some good science from doing experiments/EVA/crew in high space (more than 250km). None of them are biome dependent so you only need to go once.

You can get temperature scans in different biomes when landed or in low atmosphere. Above that its global.

Crew reports and temperature are biome dependent when flying low or landed, global otherwise (one experiment in high atmo, one in low space, one in high space). Goo and lab are biome dependent landed only, global everywhere else. EVA is like crew and temperature except also biome dependent in low space.

The wiki (first hit when googling ksp science) appears to have up to date info on all this for reference as you unlock more experiments.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.