TKS/Excalibur Almaz Capsule

Someone needs to do this :P

I want a more proportional, standalone one. The Tantares TKS is good, but too small. The KOSMOS and Raidernick's versions aren't very stockalike and are very high-memory.

Edited by _Augustus_

He also posted in KOSMOS trying to take it over. :confused:

Just wanted to see if I could update the configs. No need to be rude.

Perhaps Augustus might like to clarify whether he's requesting the TKS spacecraft add-on for personal use, or for re-packaging into and re-distribution via his modpack? :)
I don't have a modpack, no need to be rude. I want a proportional, more stockalike one similar to HGR.

... I want a proportional, more stockalike one similar to HGR.

The best way to get a specific, built to order mod? Build it yourself. You said in the OP that "someone needs to do this". Perhaps that someone is you.

The best way to get a specific, built to order mod? Build it yourself. You said in the OP that "someone needs to do this". Perhaps that someone is you.

That would require knowing how to model, texture, write configs, etc...

Been a little while since I used it but doesn't Lack's SXT have some TKS style parts?

I think "stock-like" has become rather subjective. Since the stock parts are all over the spectrum in terms of quality and style. Everyone seems to feel differently on whether or nor parts are stock-like anymore.

The almaz would probably make a good learning part if someone did want to start modeling and texturing. It's a pretty simple shape over all. Blender and gimp are free, and there's lots of tutorials out there ;)

That would require knowing how to model, texture, write configs, etc...

Are you suggesting that I don't know how to do any of those? You've been quite rude in our private messages.. Don't spread that to public posts.

Been a little while since I used it but doesn't Lack's SXT have some TKS style parts?

I think "stock-like" has become rather subjective. Since the stock parts are all over the spectrum in terms of quality and style. Everyone seems to feel differently on whether or nor parts are stock-like anymore.

The almaz would probably make a good learning part if someone did want to start modeling and texturing. It's a pretty simple shape over all. Blender and gimp are free, and there's lots of tutorials out there ;)

SXT doesn't and hasn't been updated anyway. I might consider doing the TKS and Almaz as a sort of HGR expansion over the summer though, with Excalibur Almaz skins. Liberty rocket would also come with it. Edited by _Augustus_

Are you suggesting that I don't know how to do any of those? You've been quite rude in our private messages.. Don't spread that to public posts.

SXT doesn't and hasn't been updated anyway. I might consider doing the TKS and Almaz as a sort of HGR expansion over the summer though, with Excalibur Almaz skins. Liberty rocket would also come with it.

OK well if you decide to, let me know if you have any questions or need pointers, I can try to help.

These are the parts from SXT I was thinking of BTW. It's not a 1:1 TKS, but it can be argued that it's more in the spirit of the stock game than even HGR's and Tantares' "Kerbalized" crafts.

You are correct however, it is not updated yet.

I'll leave a link in case anyone reading the thread is interested in the mod.

MMVCXnJ.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.