Vibrating / Shaky Ship?

Hi all, I built a rover and it works great! But now I tried putting it into another rocket and it seems like it should work fine except when I'm launching it and flying the rocket, the whole thing is just vibrating, like as if the ship had some kind of earthquake going on. The navball is vibrating like that as well and my surface lateral velocity keeps extremely rapidly going between 0-5 m/s and stuff. Actually, I just tried to time warp while on the launchpad and it made my ship explode :D Any ideas why?

edit:

Screenshot:

F44808D925D2799512715E1C0EDE40A0839305D5

93353CC98AFDD4F000177D7E6B8DA9569BE6DFCF

Edited by Jadis

I would say its the rubberband technology. basically all parts are hod to gather by a set of repulsion and attraction forces. due to this this can get into there own vibration.

try larger components, more struts, install the mod kerbal joint reinforcement.

I have a ship that can dance of the launching platform but with kerbal joint reinforcement its much more sollid

Edited by g.koster

It is probably that service bay on the bottom of your rover. I have had issues where something inside the service bay is colliding with the container or another part inside and trying to bounce itself loose, which causes the whole thing to shake increasingly violently.

When its shaking on the launch pad try opening the service bay and see if you can tell what it causing the shaking and you might be able to adjust it back in the VAB to eliminate the shakes.

Hope this helps.

Define vibrating. If the ship is oscillating more and more like a sinus curve during travel in the atmosphere the connection between the rover and the rest of the top part of your ship isn't fixated enough. So either more struts there, or, since the rover is a huge windbreaker like this, better build it in a vertical position if possible.

Greets,

Jan

It is probably that service bay on the bottom of your rover. I have had issues where something inside the service bay is colliding with the container or another part inside and trying to bounce itself loose, which causes the whole thing to shake increasingly violently.

When its shaking on the launch pad try opening the service bay and see if you can tell what it causing the shaking and you might be able to adjust it back in the VAB to eliminate the shakes.

Hope this helps.

Yes, confirm.

Service bays have the external stack colliders placed wrong, that's the cause with some of these vibration effects. Just "launch" a lone bay on the pad, the effect is easy to spot. I have already filled a report and contacted developers, hope sooner or later those bays get fixed.

Thanks all, it wasn't the service bay or camera wobble. I called it vibrating because it's so weird! Definitely not a like a sine wave, more just random shaking.

My next question is that in the VAB, my whole ship is off-center and the camera only rotates around the center. I can't seem to get the ship back in the center of the VAB. Is there a reset camera button or something? Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just rebuilding it and will cross my fingers. I MUST ROVE ON THE MUN TONIGHT!!! :D

Edited by Jadis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.