Science getting %80 completed even when returning the data.

This can be easily seen taking surface samples from KSC and the green bar shows %80. So even when returning the sample it gives me %80 of its worth. Does this mean i need to take another sample from the same location? Or just take 2 samples at the same time? Or maybe its because my scientist has 3 stars and i need 5 stars to get the %100 from a single sample?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by n0xiety

I'm fairly certain that you are getting the full value there. Transmitting the experiment will decrease its value, processing it (in 0.90, haven't done so in 1.0.2) will increase its value (for transmission, it should still be less than 100%)

Recovering your craft will give your the full 100%. I don't think that bar really means much at all.

This can be easily seen taking surface samples from KSC and the green bar shows %80. So even when returning the sample it gives me %80 of its worth. Does this mean i need to take another sample from the same location?
This is correct, you'll need to take a second (and usually a third) sample. If you want to do this all in one go, you'll need two (or three, if you go for three samples) crew capsules to store them in. This is because one capsule can only store one copy of an experiment from a given location.

Note that there doesn't need to be any crew in the spare capsules - it's just extra storage.

Updated the imgur album with 2 more images that shows this. Yeah it seems i need to do 2 or 3 runs to same places or carry 3 capsules... Well i know %80 is more then enough to complete tech tree but i just don't feel right getting objectives %80 done...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.