Lifting force indicator broken

So, I was working on my new large spaceplane and went to test it, went back to the editor... and then I realized my lift indicator is completely off:

2015_05_10_00035.jpg

It seems to be hooked up to the rear wings somehow, if I remove them - and then put new wings instead - it shows me that there is no lifting force at all.

I tried toying with different additions here and there, reseting the game, clearing the editor and then re-loading the plane... I somehow can't make it work again :(

Anyone got that happening? Any ideas how to resolve it?

[edit]: It's version 1.0.2.

Edited by Sky_walker

I find the indicator can get confused at times, turn on angle snap, pick up your root part, hold shift and angle the vessel up one notch (5 degrees), that usually gives me a more accurate CoL.

And... I need to leave it like that? But... I don't want to. :confused:

This also doesn't explain why adding 3 additional pairs of wings doesn't affect center of lift. It's not like it's a minor confusion - it's ignoring entire, huge lifting surfaces...

Yeah it's weird I know, basically the VAB assumes your craft is at +5° AoA to the airflow when it's level with the hangar floor, but on some designs it seems to forget this, I have a few myself that will not show the CoM and CoL in the right place unless I angle them up.

Also, tilting the craft up and down gives a pretty good idea of its stability at different angles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.