Is there an easy way to tell which Kerbal has what profession?

When out on a mission, I had a lot of trouble remembering which of the Kerbals on board was my scientist. So the guy I sent out on EVA to do science tasks was my engineer...

If I could tell who was who without going to KSC and losing my revert rights, I could have saved 5 minutes. Is there a way to tell like a uniform badge or something?

Edited by cephalo

Not as far as I know, to the best of my knowledge the profession of each kerbal is determined by the name.

What would really interest me is wether or not there is a way to determine which name will result in what profession, hope somebody smarter than me comes along :P

Edited by TheXRuler

Ok, so now we can petition Squad to give each different colored spacesuits for a reason, instead of aesthetics, (of course, we've already had our own version of redshirts for quite a while :)

The texture replacer mod has the capability to assign a different suit to each profession, but I don't know if someone made a suit pack that's easily recognizable from the ship view (ie, watching the little guys in the right bottom corner)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.