Explore contracts and new record contracts

A quick question, I've seen all the new world record contracts and the old explore contracts and have a quick few questions

1st, if I fly by the mun, before I get the actual fly by mission, will it be rendered unavailable? Like pre 1.0 with the height contracts?

2nd, I have an explore contract for duna, will I still get the fly by, and landing missions etc? Or will I only get the explore duna contract?

I think you won't get the expore if you already went there.

Same with the flyby... its a shame really... I never got the explore minmus contract.

Luckily, the Duna and Ike explore contracts came up well before my probe arrives there.

I got a duna flyby contract as well, but I may miss out on the Ike flyby... we'll see.

They should really change these to have the same "automatic" system as the record contracts.

I think you won't get the expore if you already went there.

Same with the flyby... its a shame really... I never got the explore minmus contract.

Luckily, the Duna and Ike explore contracts came up well before my probe arrives there.

I got a duna flyby contract as well, but I may miss out on the Ike flyby... we'll see.

They should really change these to have the same "automatic" system as the record contracts.

I Agree! All of the Explore Contracts for the First Record Keeping Society should be automatically given and completed. But minor niggle.

It really should be automatic. Accepting the explore contracts and then fullfilling them systematically one after another really hampers your more ambitious career goals - it sort of puts you on rails and almost introduces a KSP version of fake difficulty, e.g. no Tylo gravity assist allowed because you have to avoid the SOI to get the explore contract later...

It's propably best not to overthink this and just grab the explore contracts when they are offered as an additional bonus. Deliberately avoiding a body's SOI simply to make it possible to pick up the contract some time later takes away a lot of fun for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.