In need of helpful gamers who are willing to contribute to my thesis research

dimdimdov

UPDATE

Guys, I just wanted to tell you that my goal was reached and I collected enough responses. Actually, I collected almost 4 times more responses than what I expected!!!

Your help is absolutely invaluable and I cannot find the words to thank you properly!

I will start sending out the gift boxes a bit earlier than planned, probably around the 25th of May. So stay tuned and be patient - it will take me quite some time to reach you all :)

Thank you!

Hello people!

I am a final year student in the Netherlands and I am doing a marketing research for my graduation thesis. I need to find out what games you like and where you play them. To do so, I created this questionnaire - and it's all about games :)

I would be eternally grateful if you'd spend a couple of minutes (no more than 10, I promise!) to fill it in.

If you do fill it in, and if you have a Steam account, then I can send you a small gift - either a CS:GO, Dota, or a TF2 box. Just leave your details (Steam account URL and Steam Trade URL) at the end of the questionnaire, and as soon as I close it I will start sending the items. I will make sure that everybody receives something :)

Happy gaming!

@dimdimdov

EDIT: I just posted the questionnaire on the Steam subreddit cuz I will need some extra responses. If you happen to go there, would you please bump it up? :)

Edited by dimdimdov

Is "Indie" a genre of game and what classifies a game as "Indie"? How about "Action"? "Adventure"? Why is "Racing" not in "Sports" or "Simulation"?

Man, game genres are really quite subjective...

Edit: Ouch at grouping everyone older than 32 into one demographic group. :/

Yeah, I know :D It was for the sake of simplicity, and to satisfy my supervisors.

Anyways, thank you for having me here and for filling it out!

I actually also posted it on the KSP subreddit, but the guys crucified me, literally :/

Is "Indie" a genre of game and what classifies a game as "Indie"? How about "Action"? "Adventure"? Why is "Racing" not in "Sports" or "Simulation"?

Man, game genres are really quite subjective...

The focus of my research is Steam... so I used their genre classification. I also don't agree that "Indie" is a separate genre but... meh...:confused:

Edited by dimdimdov

And about 180 other countries :)

I know! It's because of the damn tool - Usabilla. If you ever have to do an online questionnaire, try something else! :D

My options were 1) manually add all countries :sealed:, or 2) add only those that my research is focused on

Edited by dimdimdov

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.