[1.0x] Bacon Labs - Stockalike Ariane & More - Version 1.3.2 - New Descriptions! [21-June]

_Augustus_

What to do for 1.5?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What to do for 1.5?

Here is the explicit written permission from BobCat & Yanfret:

[bobCat]

Use free that [After asking permission to use Ares V decoupler and CHAKA SLS core]

[YANFRET]

Oh cool well in that case have at it. Our textures and modifications are by-sa/4.0

Granted k_smiley.gif [After asking if I can change it to by-nc-sa]

Edited by _Augustus_

Augustus, I really like your mod, but i think it would be really awesome if you add some IVA in the Auriga Module. ;)

And i really waiting for the next update, because my solar panels of Auriga don't work very well now...

Augustus, I really like your mod, but i think it would be really awesome if you add some IVA in the Auriga Module. ;)

And i really waiting for the next update, because my solar panels of Auriga don't work very well now...

1.3 has fixed this! Edited by _Augustus_

is Docking port+parachute combo working for someone?

Produces practically no drag for me...

Do you have real-chutes, or FAR installed? And are you using KSP 1.02 or KSP 1.04? (I have not yet updated or tested anything in 1.03/1.04). Otherwise, they -did- work last I had a chance to play.

You might also try deleting the PartDatabase.cfg file, in case there is a drag-cube related issue; but that should only be needed if configs were changed since you first installed the parts.

Hello

few optimization what can be done

BaconLabs\Parts\ESV\ > model000.png i gues it can convert to dds 1k rez (dx1)

BaconLabs\Parts\SLS\ > model004.png it can be convert to dds same not for squize space but for faster loading/access

BaconLabs\Parts\SLS\there are AresV_2stage_decoupler.mbm & AresV_2stage_decoupler_bump.mbm

BaconLabs\Parts\SLS\SLSFairing\ there are AresV_payload_base.mbm & AresV_payload_base_bump.mbm

Mbm file can be convert to dds for optimize fast load / access

BaconLabs\Assets\ there are few png what can be convert but i guess there are some problem with >NRM< tipe one after are transform i not test yet

other way nice idea to group togheter all important thingy in > Assets < more easy to manage

take care & cya around

Update from _Augustus_:

He is leaving on vacation today, sounds like he will be back sometime after the 24th of July. Below is his response to the recent support inquiries:

- begin quote:

"They decoupled fine for me the last time I checked.

No clue, not a FAR or RealChute user either.

It should only be black if out of Ablator. Tell them to make sure that the pod has all of it's Ablator. If it becomes that much of a problem then I will remove the Ablator in 1.4.

ICPS has practically no heat production because it was depleting the Auriga of Ablator.

I am in exile until July 24th/25th, I will announce if I'm back earlier.If you make a KerbalStuff account I will add you as a developer of the mod, which will allow you to patch the mod when I'm away."

- end quote....

I have just set up a KS account, so hopefully I'll be able to fix up (read: release a patch for) any problems that are found and figured out. I'll do some brief testing tonight regarding the decoupling issues to see if I can at least confirm that one. I'll try to look into downloading the BL release pack and checking up on the CM black-rendering bit

Hey cool modpack, just wondering if anyone has any craft files for the replicas listed above, as I am bad at building rockets from IRL pictures XD Thanks in advance =)

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing...

Any craft packs would be appreciated...

Thanks.

There are none currently that I am aware of. I believe _Augustus_ had intended to build a couple after the part set got a bit more stable / finalized. Will keep it on the to-do list for the future / when he returns :)

It should only be black if out of Ablator. Tell them to make sure that the pod has all of it's Ablator. If it becomes that much of a problem then I will remove the Ablator in 1.4. :)

D'oh! That is what happened....I removed the ablator, as I was making the command pod a 'permanent' command module for an interstellar space ship (i.e. it would not re-enter any atmosphere).

That makes total sense....yay!

quick question, sorry if I have missed something easy and stupid on my part.

The Auriga BPC, launch escape system, does not emit any flame(s) and or smoke. Power, decouple, all functions are / seem to be working fine.

I have latest Smokescreen and HotRockets from Nazzari.

this is on 1.04, my test setup.

again, any help is appreciated.

this is just a quick stab at it. If this is a real bug, I will do all bug report for it.

cheers.

Not a bug, it just does not have any effects. For a motor that lasts all of 2 seconds, I didn't feel like putting in the hours worth of work to set effects up. However -- since effects are config based, you are free to add some in if you want. If you come up with something and post/message it to me or _Augustus_, it can likely even be rolled into the release versions.

Update to the ablator / black CM issues -- I am working on writing a custom selective ablator module, that will only shade specific portions of the model (...the heat shield part of it), as well as supporting complete removal of the ablator without visual artifacts. In the very early stages currently, might have something workable/for testing over the weekend, though it is looking like a release with the fix in place may have to wait until _Augustus_ returns.

Edited by Shadowmage

You also " Borrowed " my groups code from our Genoya Project , Remember Gavin? yeah he gave u the code willingly but i hope you realize that he asked no permission of me or the other group members AKA: Uxuser ,TheBlackDwarf (TheDwarf), SuperNovaPulsar , and KitopianCreator. so with what everyone else is saying i agree , You need to be realy carful with what your doing i know someone who got in a lot of trouble for claiming others peoples stuff , and even tho i don't like you, i hope that doesn't happen to you also .

Edited by TheBlackDwarf

You also " Borrowed " my groups code from our Genoya Project , Remember Gavin? yeah he gave u the code willingly but i hope you realize that he asked no permission of me or the other group members AKA: Uxuser ,TheBlackDwarf (TheDwarf), SuperNovaPulsar , and KitopianCreator. so with what everyone else is saying i agree , You need to be realy carful with what your doing i know someone who got in a lot of trouble for claiming others peoples stuff , and even tho i don't like you, i hope that doesn't happen to you also .

(_Augustus_ is on vacation for awhile, so I am tending to the thread in his absence)

As a developer who has recently started contributing to this project, this concerns me greatly. What 'code' are you referring to? I was aware that _Augustus_ started off with some potentially questionable choices regarding model/part acquisition, but it looked like he had cleaned things up and had everything in order license-wise. And the only code that -I- have contributed was written 100% by me (SSTUSolarPanel part module), so I know that you cannot be referring to that. Looking through the distribution, the -only- code that is included (plugin), is the SSTUTools.dll (authored by me, and most certainly not 'borrowed'). So, I truly am curious as to -what- code you are referring to?

I take copyright concerns very seriously (even though I disagree with/hate the entire system). So, if you could provide more information as to what code was being used without permission/license I will look into getting it removed from the distributions. Please keep in mind though that most open-source licenses explicitly allow for copying and use of code without permission (that is the entire reason for the license). In fact, with most open source licensing you cannot stop people from using the code even if you wanted to. I'm not sure if this applies in this situation, would need more information regarding the issue.

Shadowmage, I can't find the link to the source for the included SSTUTools.dll, which must be made available per our Add-On Posting Rules. Can you make the source available somewhere? I can edit the link into the OP for rules compliance.

TheBlackDwarf, can you take this discussion to PM, either with me or another moderator? We take such claims very seriously but would prefer to investigate them privately.

Shadowmage, I can't find the link to the source for the included SSTUTools.dll, which must be made available per our Add-On Posting Rules. Can you make the source available somewhere? I can edit the link into the OP for rules compliance.

TheBlackDwarf, can you take this discussion to PM, either with me or another moderator? We take such claims very seriously but would prefer to investigate them privately.

Sorry, I thought _Augustus_ had linked that all up with his repository.

I'll get a public facing repository set up this morning with the source, link will follow shortly (dev repo is private, as people had a tendency to try and use unfinished stuff straight from the repo and then complain when it didn't work properly=\). Thanks for the warning/heads up. :)

[...snipped...]

Publicly available repository for SSTUTools.dll source (and original versions of the parts released in this pack) is available at: https://github.com//shadowmage45/SSTUProductions . All source code is licensed and released under GPL 2.0, but I have granted _Augustus_ permission to redistribute through his pack under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 for simplicity sake.

If you dont' mind editing this info into the OP, that would be great :) (I don't think _Augustus_ will be back for a couple of weeks at least.)

Thanks,

Shadowmage