argument of periapsis with mechjeb?

Tontow

Just lunch with the specified inclanation and pe height to orbit, after that match your ap to the contract. There should be 2 lines cutting each other with the contract orbit and your orbit. Place a node at one of them and it should be fairly easy to match your orbit with the contract orbit. There is no easy way to do that last part with mechjeb but still that last node tweak is really easy. Before that you can use ascent guidence with the specified inclanation and pe.

Edited by n0xiety

what is your problem with just eyeballing it, and then fixing the inevitable error?

After a couple times it starts getting old. And it isn't just for contracts, it is for intercepts and setting up exact orbits for several ships. Also, I sometimes get .... about my fuel usage.

Ideally, there would be something out there that would setup the most fuel efficient node(s) to get an orbit you want by entering the 5 or 6 variables that the contracts give you.

I told you the most fuel efficient way. As long as you lunch into the right inclanation and pe height with mechjeb that is the most fuel efficient way. A program wouldn't do anything different than what i told you.

So you want to finish two contracts with one probe? Well if the orbits are close and you have fuel left i don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do it. Just match your inclanation first and then pe and ap. The same thing i told you in the earlier post works. You will have 2 cutting points with the contract orbit and your orbit. So place a node at one of those cutting points and its really easy to match your orbit to the contract orbit after that.

Is there a function in Mechjeb that lets me change my inclination and my PE or AP at the same time?

What about an orbital readout for what my obit should end up being for a maneuver node? That would probably be of the most help for when I tweak maneuver nodes by hand.

At the same time? Instal Hyperedit or alt+F12 and complete contract from cheat menu.

You can read orbital parametrs just fine from mapscreen. Click on Pe or Ap marks during manuver plot and you can see them without mousing over.

When i am doing sat missions i will launch to corect inclination when space center is near ascending or descending node of contracted orbit. Circularize at aprox 75km, then i will plot maneuver to hit Pe. If after burn Pe is slightly off i will burn radial or antiradial to get it to correct pozition and then i will tell mechjeb to do Apoapsis change at next apoapsis (becouse future Pe is my Ap now). Then Profit.

Edited by Cebi

I don't want to use Hyperedit to cheat...........................................

As far as reading the final Ap and Pe the text overlaps and gets imposable to read at times. On top of that I can't seem to click exactly right and keep getting the create maneuver node thingy instead.

Ideally, the readout would give me the orbital result for the last node to be executed.

And while you may be fine with eyeballing it, I would rather be a bit more exact and squeeze every last Dv out of my probes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.