Kerbal Authetic Space Museum Program

Kinglet

I just had a idea about career mode: Recovering old probes and booster stages when you are high in the tech tree, and then safely deorbiting them to make a small museum out of them.

I do not have a computer to currently try this, but I would love to see pictures of people who left with claws and came back with museum worthy craft.

I don't have any experience with retrieving debris (other than a few of the new "rescue somebody and the command pod too" missions), but in the past whenever I retire a huge interplanetary ship I leave it in high Kerbin orbit as an "orbital museum."

I'm quite sure I seen an idea of museum very close to yours already posted. Use search function, perhaps you'll find it.

On a side note - General Discussion is not a forum for suggestions ;)

Actually I think this is the most fitting one, as the one with "suggestions" in the name is for development suggestions.

My museum would be nearly empty. I design my craft to either stage in an unstable orbit or destroy themselves. Aside from those blasted rescue contracts that squad added annoying command modules to, there might be a separator here and there, but that is about it.

I imagine this would cause some pretty hefty lag after a while...

Best,

-Slashy

Yes. Back in the day, I used to leave the debris from various failed launches, experiments, ground tests, etc, lying around the space center. It gave it a lovely industrious, activity filled feel. However, soon lag arrived. Once I cottoned on to what was happening, I made a special rover to go and clean up.

Though, if there was some sort of museum building you could save them to, the physics need not be loaded, cutting out most of that lag.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.