[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

For some reason I can't download this from CKAN right now for 1.1. The correct version is there but there is no box to tick...

EDIT: Its because it says 1.1.0. I got that problem with some other mods too, so not your problem, sry to trouble you.

Edited by Warp11

Ok, I have a version working in 1.1.2.   I havent done a lot of testing, so My apologies for making you all beta testers.   But I wanted to get something out there that was stable.

Release soon.

New release.

release v 1.2.1.0
* New:  Updated mod for KSP 1.1.2 compatability.

Let me know how bad it is.   I will be looking forward to properly refactoring for the new Unity features.

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

Let me know how bad it is.   I will be looking forward to properly refactoring for the new Unity features.

This release doesn't work at all, at least for me (win7, very long list of other mods installed but none that I haven't used with CLS in the past). No CLS functionality, no options menu, no part highlighting, Ship Manifest doesn't see I have CLS installed, the only thing that's working is that I do have the option to open/close hatches on docking ports, but it doesn't do anything.

Edited by timmmmmmmyy

On 5/12/2016 at 1:17 AM, timmmmmmmyy said:

This release doesn't work at all, at least for me (win7, very long list of other mods installed but none that I haven't used with CLS in the past). No CLS functionality, no options menu, no part highlighting, Ship Manifest doesn't see I have CLS installed, the only thing that's working is that I do have the option to open/close hatches on docking ports, but it doesn't do anything.

Interesting.  Anyone else seeing this?  Mine works just fine, so I'll need a bit more info.   You have an output file or something I can sink my teeth into... simply not works does not provide me much to go on...  Also note that Ship Manifest has been reported to cause slowdowns when other vessels are near.  It is not yet updated to be 1.1.2 compliant...

I can get an output file, but for now Im in the pile of "it doesnt do anything when its installed, other than create an icon in the stock toolbar". Oh and I can change the color of the icon by clicking on it.

Used it before with more functionality than that, so Im guessing something isnt working :P Though for all I know it could be one of the many mods I have installed messing with it.

3 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

I can get an output file, but for now Im in the pile of "it doesnt do anything when its installed, other than create an icon in the stock toolbar". Oh and I can change the color of the icon by clicking on it.

Used it before with more functionality than that, so Im guessing something isnt working :P Though for all I know it could be one of the many mods I have installed messing with it.

I am having the exactly the same. I am testing with very few mods.

9 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Interesting.  Anyone else seeing this?  Mine works just fine, so I'll need a bit more info.   You have an output file or something I can sink my teeth into... simply not works does not provide me much to go on...  

The only thing in the way of tracking this down that I can see. Comes from using exception detector.

An unity error is thrown, "ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.Start 2" I think. It pops up and disappears. Both in VAB and on launchpad. Checking the logs and all I get the normal looking AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CLSAddon' from assembly 'ConnectedLivingSpace'

Really sorry I can't be more specific. If I had to take a big guess it seems the GUI is not loading but I would have to test some more.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Hi.

I have the same problem. In my logs I only see these messages about CLS errors:

When I select and load a vessel from tracking station:

[EXC 18:11:02.118] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction)
 ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.Start ()

If I change to other vessel from MapView:

[EXC 18:24:13.464] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction)
 ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.Start ()

When, in the main menu I quit the game:

[EXC 17:45:17.389] NullReferenceException
 KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.ScaleModList ()
 KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button)
 ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.OnGUIAppLauncherDestroyed ()
 EventVoid.Fire ()
 KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.OnDestroy ()

Hope this help.

New Release.

release v 1.2.1.1
* Fixed:  Null reference errors.
* Fixed:  Window would not open

Hope this helps.  Still more to do to optimize after KSP 1.1 release, but hopefully it does not dog your system too much....

I'm having trouble building a vessel (something akin to "The Martian"'s MAV) which connects a mod (Super 67) command pod to a structural fusulage and an airlock part from a station mod (probably HabTech). The airlock and command pod are showing up as two distinct living spaces. I'm unsure whether I need to be building my craft a different way or if I need to edit parts.

If I'm in the wrong place, please point me to the right one.

4 hours ago, jordanjay29 said:

The airlock and command pod are showing up as two distinct living spaces. I'm unsure whether I need to be building my craft a different way or if I need to edit parts.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your craft, especially showing the parts that you think should be connected?

14 hours ago, jordanjay29 said:

I'm having trouble building a vessel (something akin to "The Martian"'s MAV) which connects a mod (Super 67) command pod to a structural fusulage and an airlock part from a station mod (probably HabTech). The airlock and command pod are showing up as two distinct living spaces. I'm unsure whether I need to be building my craft a different way or if I need to edit parts.

If I'm in the wrong place, please point me to the right one.

10 hours ago, Gryphon said:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your craft, especially showing the parts that you think should be connected?

As Gryphon said, a screenshot and the part names would be helpful.   IT is important to note that all parts in the path must be passable.  You can look at the part descriptions in the Editor to see if it is passable.  If there is no CLS entry in the right click details, it is not passable.  If so, you have a choice.  You can enable custom passability in the settings menu (and maybe the part is added to the list of optional parts to allow it to become passable), or you can create a custom config for that part, so module manager picks it up.  This is explained in the CLS WIki shown in my Signature line.

Also note from a realism point of view we do not set all parts passable by default.   Only those where it is realistic to believe a kerbal could pass are by default. You can however create any custom part modules you want.  It is YOUR game after all.

Edited by Papa_Joe

40 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

If there is no CLS entry in the right click details, it is not passable.  If so, you have a choice.  You can enable custom passability in the settings menu (and maybe the part is added to the list of optional parts to allow it to become passable), or you can create a custom config for that part, so module manager picks it up.  This is explained in the CLS WIki shown in my Signature line.

This might be my issue and solution. This I can do. I'll give it a try before throwing up the screenshot and part names.

I failed. Here's the screenshot with the details of the command pod in question. There's nothing between its bottom node and the structure fuselage.

http://imgur.com/PhuLXFv

I made a simple CLS config for the pod with strict passable, no special nodes or restrictions. I also tried this with a MK3 cockpit (rear door to the fuselage) with the same results. Crew transfers fail, and even Ship Manifest can't brute force it. I haven't configured CLS to use optional passages, though, maybe that's the problem?

10 hours ago, jordanjay29 said:

I failed. Here's the screenshot with the details of the command pod in question. There's nothing between its bottom node and the structure fuselage.

http://imgur.com/PhuLXFv

I made a simple CLS config for the pod with strict passable, no special nodes or restrictions. I also tried this with a MK3 cockpit (rear door to the fuselage) with the same results. Crew transfers fail, and even Ship Manifest can't brute force it. I haven't configured CLS to use optional passages, though, maybe that's the problem?

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to go from a mod command module to a stock structural fuselage, and then to a mod airlock. Is that correct? You also tried with a stock MK3 cockpit, and that didn't work. Did you try with a stock part on the other end, such as a Mk1 Crew Cabin or a Hitchhiker?

20 minutes ago, Gryphon said:

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to go from a mod command module to a stock structural fuselage, and then to a mod airlock. Is that correct? You also tried with a stock MK3 cockpit, and that didn't work. Did you try with a stock part on the other end, such as a Mk1 Crew Cabin or a Hitchhiker?

Bingo. Airlock was borked. Thanks. Now to see if I can fix it or replace it.

I have resolved the message issue.   I have released a point update..

release v 1.2.1.2
* Fixed:  WHen a Stock Crew transfer is overridden, the override message is not properly displayed.
* Fixed:  WHen a Stock Crew transfer is overridden, the original move message is not properly removed.

I'm having an issue with the BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point. The entirety of my craft is passable in-line, but when I surface attach the BZ-52, which says is also passable, the cupola I attach to it branches off a separate living space, inaccessible from the main body of the craft.

6gNBeoK.png

I checked the config code and everything looks right. I even added a surface attach parts passable line just in case, but that didn't work either. 

Is there a way to surface attach an extension to the living space? 

Thanks in advance! 

12 hours ago, Nyia said:

I'm having an issue with the BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point. The entirety of my craft is passable in-line, but when I surface attach the BZ-52, which says is also passable, the cupola I attach to it branches off a separate living space, inaccessible from the main body of the craft.

6gNBeoK.png

I checked the config code and everything looks right. I even added a surface attach parts passable line just in case, but that didn't work either. 

Is there a way to surface attach an extension to the living space? 

Thanks in advance! 

The part that the BZ-52 is on the side of needs to be configured to allow parts attached to the side of it to be passable. But default they are not. Consider if it is reasonable for Jeb to just hack a hole in the side of a module - for many parts this might not make sense.

If the part that the BZ-52 has "Surface Attached Parts Pass: No" then that is the reason. You can take it up with the author of that part, or just provide you own config to change it. I think there is also a way of changing this in the editor for that part, but I have not played the game for so long now that I am not sure exactly how Papa-Joe made this work.

Edited by codepoet

17 hours ago, codepoet said:

The part that the BZ-52 is on the side of needs to be configured to allow parts attached to the side of it to be passable. But default they are not. Consider if it is reasonable for Jeb to just hack a hole in the side of a module - for many parts this might not make sense.

If the part that the BZ-52 has "Surface Attached Parts Pass: No" then that is the reason. You can take it up with the author of that part, or just provide you own config to change it. I think there is also a way of changing this in the editor for that part, but I have not played the game for so long now that I am not sure exactly how Papa-Joe made this work.

Yep, I didn't configure the main hab to allow surface attached passability. Doh!