How to install visual mods to ksp 1.0.2?

Rdivine

Hey guys!

I have been experiencing a very depressing problem. I have tried to install scatterer , distant object enhancement , and e.v.e.(claimed to work on ksp 1.0.2) and i failed terribly.

I install the mods by dragging the gamedata>scatterer folder into the gamedata folder of the ksp directory. However, the mod did not show up on all 3 mods, and the game behaved as if there wasn't any mod, although the loading screen did mention that the specific visual mod was being loaded.

I have checked if i dragged the mods into the correct folder, correct directory and spent countless hours wondering where it went wrong.

Here are some of my specs:

Processor: Inter® Core i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.40GHz

RAM: 8GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

In hope of desperation i tried every single method of unpacking the mod in the ksp folder itself, throwing everything into the gamedata folder and doing everything i can. I am sure it is the right folder as i made some adjustments to the strut connector part file and it showed up. However the visual mods did not show up.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems as me, or does anyone know how to fix this problem? Please help me out!

Scatterer is highly experimental and may or may not work properly together with other mods.

Please do the following:

- Back up your saves

- Delete everything related to KSP (except for your backed up saves)

- Reinstall KSP

- Install Scatterer by itself, no other mods

- Check its function

If it works, you can now install other mods.

If it does not work, ask for help in the Scatterer forum thread (it's stickied at the top of Add-On Development).

Hope this helps!

So, in your KSP directorys GameData folder you should have one folder called "Squad", and also the folders "BoulderCo", "DistantObject", "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" and "scatterer" if you have installed them correctly. If that is the case, then try installing only one of the mods at a time, and see if they work individually. There might be a conflict between the mods, although I don't know of conflicts between those 3 mods. If they still don't work individually, try a fresh KSP install, there might be something wrong with the install you're using. If that still doesn't help, I am out of ideas.

If you installed the game with steam in the default folder (ie somewhere in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)") then Windows and/or some antivirus may prevent the loading of the plugins by KSP.

The best move would be to re install the game outside those system folders. Steam allow to define custom install folder for your game ( team > Settings > Downloads, then click the Steam Library Folders , then delete and re-install KSP) or you could move the whole steam install (see how on steam support page)

I'm going to be that guy, and say that all of the mods you're trying to install are indexed by the CKAN mod manager. Install it, and it will take care of getting all of that up and running for you nicely (I use EVE and Distant Object Enhancement too, and have tinkered with Scatterer)

I'm going to be that guy, and say that all of the mods you're trying to install are indexed by the CKAN mod manager. Install it, and it will take care of getting all of that up and running for you nicely (I use EVE and Distant Object Enhancement too, and have tinkered with Scatterer)

I would also suggest CKAN!

Just looked up Scatterer, and it looks amazing! v0.0151 dated 20 May 2015 (today) still says it's a work in progress. Any idea what they mean by that? It looks pretty complete to me.

I'm using the old Astronomer's Visual Pack with E.V.E. with includes "BoulderCo/Clouds/10 Astronomer's Atmosphere" in lieu of a "Scatterer" folder. That adds in some atmospheric scattering with just a hint of warmer colors near the day/night separators.

Only folders in my GameData directory related to the AVP mods:

BoulderCo

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

PlanetShine

Everything works just fine. KSP-AVC tells me that there are 3 mods installed during the startup sequence: Automatic Version Checker, E.V.E., and PlanetShine.

I'm interested in following Scatterer now though ... does it fix the cloud collisions with mountain tops in AVP/EVE?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.