Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

Yeah, boy scouts has kinda turned into a stereotypical horde of sweaty 11 year olds being loud an obnoxious....it was a lot cooler when everyone was more mature than you.

Venturing to me more resembles a group of more mature teenagers who like the outdoors and having fun. Plus its not gender specific, so I get to have fun outdoors and stuff with my girlfriend. (her dad is the leader of the venture crew we started)

Just now saw this post-

For me its been the opposite, While the new-scouts are very immature and as you said, the 2nd-3rd year scouts are good, me being technically a 5th year scout (including cub scouts, i was surprisingly mature for my age *said the adult leaders*) and a quartermaster, I feel the older scouts around 4th-5th year are the most mature, past that people just get crazy, most of the oldest scouts are in venture and or have gone eagle and left.

Oh hai, are you taking Eagle scouts?

Eagle, Order of the Arrow- and 31 badges I think?

Added!

Just now saw this post-

For me its been the opposite, While the new-scouts are very immature and as you said, the 2nd-3rd year scouts are good, me being technically a 5th year scout (including cub scouts, i was surprisingly mature for my age *said the adult leaders*) and a quartermaster, I feel the older scouts around 4th-5th year are the most mature, past that people just get crazy, most of the oldest scouts are in venture and or have gone eagle and left.

To me, any scout younger than you seems insanely more immature than you were when you were that age.

Whether or not thats true on the other hand.... :sticktongue:

Eagle Scout, Gold Palm, OA Brotherhood, Camp Counselor (WSR), 35 MB (one MB and A week short of getting Silver... )

Anyone want to guess what i taught?

Underwater basketweaving? OK, OK, maybe your avatar name and icon are clues? :)

Underwater basketweaving? OK, OK, maybe your avatar name and icon are clues? :)

and what forum this is posted on is more of a clue as my camp did not offer Aviation MB (but i have taught the Underwater Basketweaving and Cit in the Universe Class)

also i wonder if i taught any of yall

and what forum this is posted on is more of a clue as my camp did not offer Aviation MB (but i have taught the Underwater Basketweaving and Cit in the Universe Class)

also i wonder if i taught any of yall

Space Exploration?

Eagle Scout, Gold Palm, OA Brotherhood, Camp Counselor (WSR), 35 MB (one MB and A week short of getting Silver... )

Anyone want to guess what i taught?

Astronomy, Space Ex, Computers, Weather?

Also, just got back from my Philmont trek. 629-C3, Itinerary 18! Woot! All 12,441 feet of Baldy Mountain are mine, mine, MINE!

Endersmens... then add the Philmont to mine... I was 614 G2 Itinerary 11 in 2011, Also i was at the 2010 Nat'l Jambo at Ft AP Hill (Troop 1935, Subcamp 19)

Dman,

Astronomy (which was my final incomplete merit badge) , SpaceX, Computers.... AND 2 more (as my camp bundled computers with 2 other MBs)

Edited by B787_300

Just got back from NYLT, probs going to staff this years winter session if anyone is going. Probably going to NAYLE next year.

EDIT:

I also have Oakleaf

You should've reminded me, you changed your username!

Finally caught it and changed it. :)

Hai, just got back from Camp Ottari over here in Virginia. Currently a Life Scout, working on Eagle, and also the SPL of Troop 2860 (Chesterfield, VA). Will check how many MBs I have in the morning.. too tired to brain currently.

Edited by Fleskhjerta14577

Endersmens... then add the Philmont to mine... I was 614 G2 Itinerary 11 in 2011, Also i was at the 2010 Nat'l Jambo at Ft AP Hill (Troop 1935, Subcamp 19)

Dman,

Astronomy (which was my final incomplete merit badge) , SpaceX, Computers.... AND 2 more (as my camp bundled computers with 2 other MBs)

So the list of confirmed merit badges are:

Astronomy

Space Exploration

Computers

For the two unknown ones, I'm saying... Electricity and Electronics?

Also, I was at the 2010 Jambo, too! Troop 532, sub-camp 5. The one with Teddy Roosevelt.

Dman, Nope and NOpe... and i did not get your patches... i was busy trying to track down the train themed ones from Golden Empire Council... I am one short of a full set (and missing the cloth backing grrrr) my councils patches were nothing special... rainbow wheel in the center with each troop being a different color with different scouting activities 1935 was the purple archers

Dman, Nope and NOpe... and i did not get your patches... i was busy trying to track down the train themed ones from Golden Empire Council... I am one short of a full set (and missing the cloth backing grrrr) my councils patches were nothing special... rainbow wheel in the center with each troop being a different color with different scouting activities 1935 was the purple archers

Did you get any Cradle of Liberty ones? They were helicopters with a purple border.

I went with a different contingent. Not a big surprise that you didn't get my patches, we had 3 to trade, and the set was very expensive for us to buy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.