Apple or android??

Tristonwilson12

apple or android  

51 members have voted

1. 1. apple or android

When you buy a phone to feel better you might have issues...

Well, then maybe my whole school has issues since they all want the 6 Plus! :confused:

The want to buy something is just an effect of consumerism. Same reason why people like to buy the same brand of clothes all the time. Apple is a premium brand. Other than that, there's nothing special about their phones; they're designed secretively in California, sent to China for manufacturing, then sold through carriers.

Whether Apple is an innovator or not is something that is still debated. For example, Apple did not invent Siri, Apple acquired Siri. If anything, Apple revolutionized technologies that already existed by exploiting the dynamics of the free market by encouraging technologies to compete with its own "never seen before" technologies.

I have had a horrible experience with iOS. It's as if it's trying to make you dumber by locking you into Apple's own methods of doing things. For instance, Apple has a ban on non-Safari browsers. Your "Chrome" browser is in fact using a Safari frame for all the displaying. Also poor DLNA support, batch selection on media is almost nonexistent, and so on.

Now, I am not an Android diehard fan either. It is so difficult adding anything to the vanilla OS if it ever has to touch the kernel (such as for changing out the Bluetooth stack or adding USB profiles). Not to mention that they boast a 150 GB minimum requirement for compiling the whole shebang.

Edited by longbyte1

I use Apple products because they feel premium, they make you look more impressionable

Agreed :D

im·pres·sion·a·ble

imˈpreSH(ə)nəb(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: impressionable

easily influenced because of a lack of critical ability.

What do they call it when somebody accidentally uses a more apt word? There's a term for that...

*edit* an "eggcorn"?

Best,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

Windows was ripped from Mac. Android was ripped from iOS. IA like S voice were ripped from Siri.

Capacitive touch screens in phones were ripped from the iPhone. Tablets were ripped from the iPad.

Apple helped popularize many things, their marketing is top notch no doubt, but I don't think they ever developed anything groundbreaking. Tablets were ripped from SO2001. :wink:

snip

:D Perfect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.