KSP not usable on non QWERTY keyboards.

I already posted about this in the past, this is like my 4th post about, and this have only gotten worse since 1.0 .

On various layout, many keys are simply not usable at all in KSP right now. For instance, on an AZERTY keyboard, The number keys (on top of the letters) are not usable at all (they used to be in previous versions, granted the user is willing to go through all the rebinding him/herself).

That's a huge bummer. And the fact that it is only getting worse with each versions kind of suck. Playing in QWERTY in the meantime, but that really sucks.

Yes it sucks and this has been an issue since forever, and no resolution has ever been found other than working around this by using a qwerty layout.

This issue is known on the Unity3D support forum [here], [here], [here] and [here].

Interestingly, the default can be overridden in the Unity editor by using an InputManager.asset file with all the keys set to an azerty layout, but I assume this would leave you with exported projects that no longer support qwerty.

From the looks of things, the Unity3D game engine just doesn't support changing keyboard layouts in any way that is useful to us, and as KSP is made in Unity3D, it is stuck with the same limitations.

Edit:

Can a modder please look at how Unity handles input layouts, this may need an addon to address.

Edited by sal_vager

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.