Mass Effect's Normandy SR1 - 1700 parts, 1500 tons, fully functional

Hey guys... I've been at it again...

So since somebody asked me on YouTube to build the "Normandy" from Mass Effect... I just did that. Honestly, It's a little off scale (not big enough), but it works. Got all three decks laid out, got a working cargo bay complete with MAKO and it also has remote mining rigs for refueling. Ore tanks and refinery unit are beneath the outer hull panels.

Problem is: Trying to play with a 1700 part ship kind of sucks, to be honest...

But without further ado, here is the Normandy:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download craft file: http://www./download/owlrhw097xi1ojk/SSV_Normandy.craft

Download MAKO only: http://www./download/7au03gxyb1ztbxy/MAKO.craft

Use at your own discretion ;)

Action groups:

1 - toggle engines of support craft + solar panels of mining rigs

2 - toggle drills

3 - toggle aft cargo bay

4 - open cargo bay door

5 - undock MAKO

6 - start LFO conversion

7 - stopp LFO conversion

8 - toggle docking port shields

9 - start fuel cells (Normandy)

0 - stop fuel cells (Normandy)

Forgot to mention: The MAKO's wheels were increased in size with Tweakscale. I am not sure if this breaks the .craft file when opening it in a pure stock game. Could anyone provide input on that?

Very good, well done, the tip of the ship could be slightly longer, with a smoother transition to pointyness but for the rest it looks very true to the original, a nice feat with stock parts.

And about the mako, I was working on one myself a while back, I think yours is looking great but is missing the high shock absorption characteristics the original one had, with mine I went with 2 LV1n per wheel and link each set homologous wheels with a strut so that it keeps stability and clearance.

Amazed by interior works. So what kind of system can handle this 1700-parts ship? I have i5-2500 and I'm worrying about loading this ship.

I have an i5 2500K myself, 8GB RAM and an AMD R9 280X. The game runs at 2 FPS with this beast.

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.