Project Star Wars Spaceplanes

Heyo,

since we can build spaceplanes now, nothing can really stop us from recreating our most favorite planes from Star Wars.

Let me start off with my first recreation:

The Naboo Starfighter

20120522005907322349550.jpg

I wish we could change the color/texture of the parts, but oh well.

I had to add some canards to the back, because otherwise it would just crash. It flies pretty well though, not really far however.

Download Craft File

Let\'s gather Star Wars space planes here. Have you got any cool recreations?

Sweet :D

It\'s hard to make tie-fighters because of the wings and the wheels. Anyone got a good idea how to circumvent that, besides obviously using the VAB.

Actually yes I do, you could try making the TIE Fighter on a rolling platform, and decoupler it when you are up to speed, I have been trying to make a B-Wing work this way but so far the B-Wing has broken apart every time I launch, I don\'t think that\'s to do with the launch platform though.

You won\'t be able to land though.

Tie-Fighter

201205220059151368573597.jpg

The Tie-Fighter is a little more complicated, since it can\'t have wheels on launch.

This contraption uses a launchpad, that has to be staged as soon as you hit the end of the runway. The Tie-Fighter handles okay. It sadly doesn\'t resemble the original fighter completely. I will work on getting the design right. Canards are kind of needed because of KSPs physics.

Download Craft File

I got the idea to make some X-wing like craft, and so far this is what I got:

It\'s quite interesting to fly.. no vertical stabilisation/control when wings are folded. and barely any even when opened.

Still, this is the closest I can get without making it uber ugly, or impossible to fly.

It\'s some robotic mod? I\'m not sure. I just installed a whole bunch of them, and tried to figure out ingame what they do. That\'s why I can\'t post the craft file either. No idea what mods needed to load it.

I\'m searching the Addons forum but can\'t find that mod again. I\'m very bad at finding stuff.

Edit:

I was searching the wrong section...

This has the parts for the folding wings http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9017.0

• 4 weeks later...

I got the idea to make some X-wing like craft, and so far this is what I got:

It\'s quite interesting to fly.. no vertical stabilisation/control when wings are folded. and barely any even when opened.

Still, this is the closest I can get without making it uber ugly, or impossible to fly.

The mods are:

Damned Robotics Pack:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=10662.180

Component Space Shuttle Pack:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9052.0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.