Confused by hitchhiker's apprent need for fuel

If I make a ship with nothing more than a command pod and 2 hitchhiker containers, the engineer's report says that the vessel has 4 consumers (engines, etc) that are not receiving the liquid fuel they require. It doesn't happen with 1 hitchhiker, gotta have 2 to get the message. Connecting fuel tanks doesn't help. Fuel lines won't attach. Am I missing something, or is this a bug? I received a contract to build a base that can support ten Kerbals...

Edited by DarkGravity

Random thought but do you also need to include fuel supplies for the base in the same way that you do for some space stations? If so, it might be the completion of your living space requirements once the second Hitchhiker is attached that's triggering a second message to remind you about the fuel requirement.

Or more likely, it might be a bug. :)

Thanks for trying to replicate. If the version on Steam is up to date, then so am I. I have no mods. It is not a requirement of my contract. Windows 8.1

I decided to launch anyway. We'll see if I can complete the contract. Funny thing is, this was the first time I have ever tried to use fuel lines to do asparagus staging. Just before I thought I was ready to launch, I checked the engineer's report and found this message. Of course I thought it was something I had done with the fuel lines and spent far too long rechecking my plumbing. Finally I just started tearing pieces off the ship until all I had left was a pod on top of 2 HHs, and still the message was there, but it went away when I took away one HH. Came back if I reattached it. The pod was the 1 kerbal octagon pod. iirc it is called a lander can.

Edited by DarkGravity

It sounds like an interesting bug. If it's not too much trouble, could you create a craft file that replicates it for you and upload it for others to verify?

Sure. Just tell me how to do that and where to put it.

Just build the craft, save it. Then in windows explorer go to the KSP directory within steam, to the saves folder, to the name of the game you saved the craft, to Ships/VAB, and the .craft file should be right there. Just post that and we can all use it.

How do I post it? I don't see a way to attach it. I don't seem to have permission. Oh well. It seems more of an issue with the way I'm using fuel lines than anything to do with the hitchhiker. I just made my second rocket using fuel lines, and got the same message. When I launched (4 rockets around 1) instead of 5 fuel displays showing up, there were 9. Apparently my early efforts aren't what the game engine was expecting. When I tore off my fuel lines and relaunched, same thing. But if I rebuilt the rocket without ever using fuel lines, then it gave 5 fuel displays after launch.

Edited by DarkGravity

How do I post it? I don't see a way to attach it. I don't seem to have permission. Oh well. It seems more of an issue with the way I'm using fuel lines than anything to do with the hitchhiker. I just made my second rocket using fuel lines, and got the same message. When I launched (4 rockets around 1) instead of 5 fuel displays showing up, there were 9. Apparently my early efforts aren't what the game engine was expecting. When I tore off my fuel lines and relaunched, same thing. But if I rebuilt the rocket without ever using fuel lines, then it gave 5 fuel displays after launch.

Put the file in a file sharing site and post the link to the file. I, and many others I'm sure would really like to have the craft file for that rocket. The one with the fuel lines of course. :) Or at least know how you use those fuel lines.

Based on the picture of your ship, you have put the left fangdangle a few degrees too high above the right wangdoodle.

Sorry but have to disagree. The left wangdoodle is the source of the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.