Floaty ship bug.

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread or not because I've only had it happen to me the one time. I also never took a screen shot of my the ship or cared enough at the time to pull up a mission log or anything like that. My priority was successfully get "Flying low" PresMat situations in different biomes around KSC and I'd been crashing and reverting a lot willy-nilly.

I was piloting a simple lander/rocket thing with 3-sided-symmetry, radial mounted engines with a presmat and some thermometers on it. I was flying from the direction of the launchpad toward the shore/ocean. Once above the beach near the water my craft slowed down and started feeling like I had accidentally staged my parachute or something. I was traveling upwards at the time. I cut my throttle to zero figuring the chute would safely plop me down and I'd have to reload again, but instead of decending I continued floating like a cloud, upwards. (Sounds dumb, but that's the best way I can descride the feedback I was feeling from my craft.) and there was no parachute. It continued floating up for a little while then started to decend. It was basically a very cushion-ey feeling ballistic trajectory. I started my throttle again and it was having very limited effect on changing my course. my ship behaved more like it was underwater with no buoyancy than a rocket in flight. (I was above the ocean. The bug started at the shore, but I was only very briefly above it. I don't know if it has anything to do with it since rockets seem to act like they're inflatable pool toys when they go underwater, and bob right to the top.)

Sort of a trippy bug. Haven't seen it since. (I haven't played too much since the update. Very overwhelmed by KSP right now with all the new stuff and less forgiving career science-wise.) Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Oh okay. I figured if I experienced it, there must have been other people that did too. Also I'm not very tech savvy. Which folder is the save file in the save me the trouble of digging if this happens again? (If you know off the top of your head.) I'll take a screenshot of the log afterwards too.

If you've already played KSP since having this problem, the KSP_Data\output_log.txt won't help much. But if you have the problem again, make sure to grab that file before starting KSP again.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.