Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

Lighting glitched fixed!

Here's the fixed version of Sirona!

Astro's Planets-KBOs

I think the lighting glitches are caused by height map transparency not being 50%. Kopernicus exported normal, however, is already set to 50%. Also, for memory usage, I would recommend making all the normals into greyscale. you can do that with Gimp2 (what I also use as primary planet texture editor) selecting greyscale in the "image" panel. You can also do that with photoshop but I don't use it so I have no knoledge of how to do that. Cheers and wish me luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Amarius, to summarize what has happened...

We added some another moon to Mysterio (I made it myself, and Hammersamatom fixed it up) and it's a Trojan of MTM-4.

Phoop was added to the Mysterio System.

The entire Mysterio System was re-scaled for the arrival of Tyrok.

We decide to go modular by making separate packs for the entire pack.

I started the KBO pack by adding a Sedna-like object named Sirona (needs to be fixed somewhat) and it has the Kerbal Dimensions of Sedna, except for its rotation period (the real rotation period of Sedna is 10hrs, and Sirona needs to have a rotation period of 3hrs and 30 minutes).

And MrHappyFace Got to work on his planet, and here we are now.

Don't worry, just look at the last few pages.

good idea on modularity. why do you thing we had saparate systems for each planet in Kerbol Plus? 3 folders, three systems from which one only stored the Dwarf Planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone give me the latest DL link? I can't mod dev now, but I have access to a computer with Gimp so I want to go trough all the mod's textures now.

Yea, I like it too.

Word of advice, despite how good a Titan or Terra texture from Space Engine may look, don't use them for planets without oceans, they just don't look good without the oceans.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, it was kinda warranted though, you can't see a planet of 100m from the map or tracking views.

What else do you guys want me to do?

How do I make worlds with atmospheres and others with oceans, and worlds with both oceans and atmospheres?

I am considering on making a carbon super-world. Of course, with the 5A and 5B textures in the desert file in textures.

Edited by Astrofox

Edit: I must ask - have we started on the binary gas giant?

That would be an amazing thing to get started on, but if you guys wish, I will add more to the NKO pack, since I want to add quite a few asteroids into the system, as well as some that are slightly closer to the Sun/Kerbol than Moho, just for the added challenges.

Alright, that's fine.

I wonder what Mr.HappyFace has come up with so far...

Of course, he was discussing the development of his pink-purple world, and the last time I heard from was a few days ago.

But hey, not much is happening on my end.

I wonder what Mr.HappyFace has come up with so far...

Well, i have the height map:

oNbZpWm.png

It was generated using an assortment of VertexHeightNoises and VertexSimplexHeightAbsolutes, and then exported at 2048x1024 and used in a VertexHeightMap, to save the game from computing 4-5 cpu intensive noise functions every time some terrain is generated, and to help with the buggyness of Kopernicus.

But the coloring is having a fit, and I can't get it to be anything but 1 single color.

I haven't gotten around to making the glowing oceans yet, and frankly, that may be the hardest part, even though I've spent the last 2 days trying to get the colors to work. :P

Ok so far I've redone MTM-4's texture. Expect it to be owesome. Could we wait like 2 months before we release this pack? I have a huge exam comming in about three weaks and I won't have time to work on this mod. Please understand.

BTW, the lava ocean moon with Titan-like atmosphere (that even works without EVE) looks good but it still neads some atmo testing to make sure that your ship will be obliterated if you touch lava. Cheers and wish me luck! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.