Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

Ok, we will post-pone the release.

Good Luck on your Exams!

Thank you... I haven't got more than an hour in weaks... This exam will hopefully get me into a math-computerscience hightschool. After that I plan on folowing a career in aerospace. If not... I'll just go to the art school and become an architect. Cheers and I hope you all make this pack as unique as possible. Remember, that's what people want from planet packs. "not just a place to land on" like my fellow youtuber Kottabos said.

Should I ask Scott Manley (AKA illectro) to review the mod when it comes out?
Maybe, but we should make sure this mod gets very, very popular. And junging after how long it took for a youtuber (kottabos) to review Kerbol Plus, we will certainly nead a lot of popularity. Make things cool and unique and don't bother with textures since I will start on redoing them after I finish my exam and we will finaly have a releasable mod! Cheers!

Does anyone have the code for a singularity for binary celestial bodies?

Well, I don't, but you can check the latest Kerbol Plus update which adds a binary dwarf planet system so you could look up configs. Also a thing I forgot to put in the config is the fade paramiters to make the singularity phantom body used to create the binary mecanich, dissappear.

Updated it to work with Kerbol Plus.

Uses flight numbers 888-898 (so far).

Simply open the file and then move the data to GameData.

Astro's Planets - All (open it)

Thank you guys for sticking with me!

Edit: Never mind, still doesn't work with Kerbol Plus.

thank you. I'll look over it. It would only conflict with flight globals and that's it...

Okay then, I changed the flight numbers before placing it all into that one pack with the multipack idea.

Come to think of it - it may actually be the Kopernicus version that Kerbol Plus is running on, so I'll report back with news on that.

Edit: I found that there is no Kopernicus version in the Kerbol Plus files...

Edit2: You can still make planets that are under 10km, but I think the actual limit is 5km.

Edited by Astrofox

Looks interesting.

By the way, is there anyway to make the objects a bit "bumpier" without making it impossible to land on?

I.E. Something like Gilly, or even like Ike...

I like Ike... (Insert Scott Manley reference here)

Add a VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute with a highish frequency (around 15-30, depending on planet size) and a deformity set to however high you want the bumpieness to go (in meters)

Just going to say that this should be added to all planets, so that the pixelated look from the heightmap is hidden.

I will shortly provide you the lava planet!

https://mega.nz/#F!V0Jx3ATK!a4G7x6QlfLvs05TLmeb8mA - This is WIP and I am not sure that it works, but I've already posted it on the kopernicus thread so I should shortly get a fixed version. cheers! Thank god I got aa tiny time window before the exam!

Edited by amarius1

Yeah, I looked at the cfg for Tyrok, and we have been working on re-scaling the Mysterio System a bit without it consuming the entirety of Kerbin and Eve's SOIs.

This means that Asterix (MTM-4-Tihoratus's first Trojan) will stay the same size for realistic purposes.

MTM-4-Tihoratus may end up being about 20 - 30km, or even 50km depending on the rescale.

Well, I tested it and it didn't appear - Mysterio is still 300km in radius for me.

Alright :( I guess i'm pagin the guys ovet the Kopernicus thread to fix it... I don't understand, before, it worked good. (a lot of time before).

Amarius, you're missing a chunk of the orbit parameters.

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Mysterio

color = 0.0,0.0,0.9,1

inclination = 2

eccentricity = 0.01

semiMajorAxis = 5000000

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 55

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

Change what you want, the texture is a bit broken though, HUGE seem on one side. It's orbit is also uncomfortably close to Mysterio.

Mr.HappyFace, have you finished the resizing of the entire Mysterio System (no worries if you haven't, I'm just wondering)?

Tyrok is quite a bit larger than Mysterio, relatively, and the only object that you need to keep the same is Asterix, which only needs its orbit to be changed because of the re-scale since I want it to remain at 5km due to the fact that it is a Trojan moon of MTM-4-Tihoratus.

The only thing that we need rescaled right now (re-balanced, rather) is the Mysterio system and Alo, which definitely needs its gASL lowered (0.3gs ASL compared to Eeloo's, which is 0.128gs ASL).

Thanks!

After Mr.HappyFace finishes his re-sizing matters we can get to fixing up Tyrok and the other satellites.

Tyrok's rather big for such a moon...

Maybe we should downscale it a bit, or maybe upscale Mysterio.

Also, I've noticed that EVE doesn't work for me since I downloaded the fixed version - I will try to make the clouds appear again.

Edit: I fixed the Clouds and I will put up the config for testing download a bit later.

As soon as Tyrok's relative size and distance is fixed, we will then add some clouds to Tyrok, and that was the problem with EVE - re-scaling stuff.

Edited by Astrofox

Tyrok's rather big for such a moon...

Maybe we should downscale it a bit, or maybe upscale Mysterio.

Also, I've noticed that EVE doesn't work for me since I downloaded the fixed version - I will try to make the clouds appear again.

Edit: I fixed the Clouds and I will put up the config for testing download a bit later.

As soon as Tyrok's relative size and distance is fixed, we will then add some clouds to Tyrok, and that was the problem with EVE - re-scaling stuff.

please do not add clouds to Tyrok, since it would have a gas gint phantom planet overlayed ovr it, in order to hide the rocky surface under Gas Gian't surface. I may even do it right now if I'll have time! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Re-sized and checked

Re-sized and checked. Mysterio now has to be 3x the size of Kerbin. If we want to downsize, we'll need to move Tyrok somewhere else...

I'll downscale Tyrok... I had it so big because it was a tesst planet based on the Miller's Planet example. Also, does Tyrok work now? I'll be able to make it's atmosphere right away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.