Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

No, it doesn't seem to work; whenever it gets to the main menu, the game just freezes and won't load up.

I just removed Tyrok from the files, including the Kopernicus Cache, and KSP works just fine now.

Also, are you considering on making Tyrok's land masses a charcoal blackish-gray due to the heat (I suppose)?

Edited by Astrofox

No, it doesn't seem to work; whenever it gets to the main menu, the game just freezes and won't load up.

I just removed Tyrok from the files, including the Kopernicus Cache, and KSP works just fine now.

Also, are you considering on making Tyrok's land masses a charcoal blackish-gray due to the heat (I suppose)?

maybe...

- - - Updated - - -

you use kopernicus 0.0.7, right? if not, that would be the reason of the planet crashing the game.

Ok then Sylandro, we need lots of help.

@amarius1: KSP broke when I upgraded to Kopernicus 0.0.7, which this appeared and when I was at the KSC scene nothing was there.

Here is a line of code that occured:

[Error]: [PQS]: PQS already marked as started during Start() method. This is probably wrong!

EDIT: It actually wasn't the Kopernicus Version update, just Tyrok - It worked with earlier versions of Tyrok, instead of the newer one.

Edited by Astrofox

Apparently you can see Mysterio from LKO when Mysterio is closest to Kerbin - AWESOME!

(I use Hullcam VDS, and I thought it was a glitch, but no, you can see it like Minmus in the sky...)

Feel Free to Test!

Also, Kerbin is the closest analogue to Earth in the game, and adding an actual earth-sized object would probably be like adding in another star to the Kerbol System...

However, we are working on some worlds with different types of oceans: one with lava lakes (maybe a few with lava), one that is pinkish (Mr.HappyFace is working on that), and maybe we can add another small habitable world near Kerbin, but it would be significantly smaller since it would mimic a Trojan, or maybe we will place something the size of Kerbin slightly farther from the sun/Kerbol that has a breathable atmosphere.

In the Meantime, you may test while we kinda get around to working on some things - Development will be slow for a while.

Anyway, great idea and we will try to implement a secondary habitable world to the Kerbol system.

Here's the Download of the pack (I went for Multi-modular):

Astro's Planet Pack - Open it

Simply open it and then move the contents in the folder to the KSP GameData, and make sure you have Kopernicus 0.0.7 installed (you can find it in Thomas P.'s Signature).

Edited by Astrofox

I made a short test, everything seems to works properly, really interesting the position of some planets. They're not realistic, but great for gameplay.

While I saw some moons that seems to be "bite" from the Kraken, would you take as a suggestion a planet with a hole inside? I don't know if it's possible, something like this for example: http://www.gamereactor.se/media/92/xrebirth_999234.png

Sure I will, but later, now I'm on mobile.

ok. tell me how it looks. like everything! I haven't had time to test it.

How's the atmosphere? tell color, how hard is to land/takeoff how it looks from orbit

How's th surface? is it flat except oceans?, how do the rivers and lava crater look?

How does the lava look? does it destroy your ship parts when making contact like it was supposed to?

For pictures please use Imgur and organise the images in an album. Cheers!

So, everything worked well until I noticed Tyrok wasn't in Tracking Station and in space too... I took a look (very superficial, I'm not a coder) at the .cfg and I saw the Kopernicus Reference missing:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]  

I typed the reference, then KSP refuse to load, it just keeps freezing at the end of the loading. I tried on two different install with the same result... I don't know what's wrong, I'll try to look better...

EDIT: it was missing the "flightGlobalsIndex" too. Inserted as Flight Reference 893 (I hope it's right) and now Tyrok is loaded, but it's textureless

SGOGyuR.png

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT RE EDIT: I checked all the Tyrok's cfg and I'm not able to find the issue. The maps are correctly placed in the correct folder and correctly indicate in the cfg.

Edited by Nansuchao

Yeah, I didn't see Tyrok either, but I may have found a near synchronous orbit around Asterix!

It's at 9070 meters, but your surface velocity will be 3.519 meters, as MechJeb tells me...

Also, according to Hyperedit, you can't go above 9070 meters, so we will definitely fix that.

Yeah, I didn't see Tyrok either, but I may have found a near synchronous orbit around Asterix!

It's at 9070 meters, but your surface velocity will be 3.519 meters, as MechJeb tells me...

Also, according to Hyperedit, you can't go above 9070 meters, so we will definitely fix that.

The same as Minmus

I tried to land on Mina. Due to the low gravity, I made it Kerbal way, landing on the engine bell. Succesfully landed, I timewarped for the daylight, and...

PN5ailq.png

Quickloaded a bunch of times, same result. I landed on the Mina's big crater.

Kerbals can't walk in EVA on Mina. They seems to float like in space.

5ZVjHfO.png

There's an issue with the collision meshes. While you make the time run normally, you hit the planet as a solid. If you Time Warp, soon you'll be destroyed like you sink in the ground.

Edited by Nansuchao

I'm not really good with PQS mods and stuff like that, and considering the Kopernicus Updates may have altered the code it may be possible that the planets will take a while to be fixed on their own.

However, I'm sure the Gas Giant Mysterio is "safe" to land on, that is, if you call exploding because of pressure "Landing".

*Now plant a flag on the surface! Seriously, someone did that with Jool*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.