Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

Procedural, as in generated with a certain seed. Procedural generation is what most of the stock planets use, so yes, they will have gravity, and I have a working Alfons in my test instance of KSP, tring to correct the terrain as we speak.

I'll provide the config in about 20-30 minutes, once I clean it up a bit.

Awesome!

I thought it was going to be like those ARM asteroids that you have to rendezvous with (that would be a nice idea - give ARM asteroid random colors when they spawn).

I should really notice the procedural terrain stuff.

Great news!!!

EDIT: I made a quick test of the new Tyrok, and It finally works, but... Maybe it's part of the adjustement, but I share: The biomes are from laythe (for now who cares?), from Prbit the planets is really good looking, but there is something weird with the atmosphere, you start from vacuum to Full Atmospheric Pressure in just a moment. It gives some weird data to KER too. When you try to land on Tyrok, the terrain disappear from 7/5 km from ground. Here's some screenshot for everyone:

noD66lH.png

rzYUxap.png

BHTAObK.png

i1zznZE.png

BTW, from orbit Tyrok is really beautiful. With some clouds, it will be one of the most awesome planets on the Kerbol System, challenging Tekto.

Edited by Nansuchao

Yea, as for the problems with the surface and everything, I'll have to leave that to Amarius. I did my job of getting it to load, since I don't know what exactly need to be fixed, that should be his job...

Hope he's happy it works.

I don't deserve the title of spellchecker, what I missed was obvious...

It's also not supposed to look like that from orbit... Check this spreadsheet for info on our plans for the pack: Spreadsheet

QUESTION: I haven't tested Tyrok yet, do you fall thru the planet and explode? Applying Laythe as a template can do that...

Edited by Hammersamatom

Coming late to the party, but I just want to share that I'm a sucker for alternate star systems, instead of adding planets to Kerbol. So I would love all these crazy planets around another star. Maybe the aliens who came from that star became Type II and started making ridiculous, planet-scale art projects, before ascending to another form of existence. I think it would explain your awesome weird stuff like cube moons and be a cool theme for sciency easter eggs.

Edited by beabop

As long as you're not changing the sun, I thought making an alternate star system is just a matter of an alternate Kopernicus config? AFAIK, the hard part (and the part that makes me want an "official" version) is balancing their orbits to be fun and challenging.

I think that we will probably implement stars soon, but they will be extremely far from Kerbol/Sun and will contain separate planet systems.

We may add different star systems with planets based on actual discoveries.

However, despite breaking the laws of stellar mechanics, we will make all the star orbit Kerbol/Sun, just for the sake of not moving stuff and making craft disappear (that happened a while ago, and I don't think the bug's fixed).

Welcome back to the development Amarius. Nice choice with Aerospace.

Looks like we need to apply templates to all bodies to avoid the timewarp bugs. Biomes and science need to be implemented, etc, etc.

Can someone give me a list of things that we need to fix or get done?

Welcome back to the development Amarius. Nice choice with Aerospace.

Well, not exactly... :( I kind of missed my attempt at getting there using a math-computer science so my current decision is to follow an Industrial Design career and then go to Aerospace Design. Good thing that I'm Hypergood (is that even a word?) at geometry, physics, chemestry and i'm learning very fast programming. Heh... I guess Industrial Design it is, at least for now... Oh god and the worst thing is our Country's learning system. We learn in 7th grade what occidentals learn in 10th grade! Outagious! Anyway, wish me luck, and I'm preety sure that I'll still be playing KSP for at least one year before HEAVY LEARNING PHASE starts before entering the Bucharest Industrial Design University.

On the other hand, I've started to remake and beautify mod textures!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.